Generic Al Blather 3.0

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

M_Robertcop
Addicted

Post by M_Robertcop »

Yes! and they pop up in the most peculiar places.

Yesterday at my job...I work in the back room of a library, someone who I've seen passing through several times stopped and noticed my Star Wars Al Shirt... and he said "Wow! You've seen Weird Al too.." and I responded "Many Times!" and he said "He's Awesome, I've been seeing him since the 80s, it's nice to see that people your age still appreciate his stuff", then I told him how I've met Al and was impressed. :)
You're gonna take a walk in the rain and you're gonna get wet... I predict.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ambra! Good news! I found a store that carries the same musical instrument mold , complete with accordion, that I have! Here is a link right to the mold:

assorted musical instruments

It's not the best picture, but that is the same mold I've had for the past 5 years. The accordion cavity measures 2" high by 2.75" wide, so it's the same size you mentioned before. I'll probably use my mold this year to make Jon yet another chocolate drum. My goal with Al is to make a replica of the Hawaiian print accordion he donated to the Hard Rock Cafe. I'm still leaning toward a cake, but a large cookie isn't out of the question. Now to see if they have a lily mold. I wanna put chocolate lilies on the cake, instead of frosting ones. *There are lilies and what look like hydrangea in the design on that accordion* I'm surprised Al was willing to part with it.

Anyway, I searched ebay and just a few stores before finding the mold. Happy accordion-shaped soap making!

Hmm, it says on their site that they've lowered their prices on Mercken's chocolate..... :F
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! PATTI! I get paid tomorrow so I'll order it then, might even order two just to have a spare in case I need it! I'll check around for some soap paints so I can add a little color to it, too.
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

You're welcome. Looks like they carry soap making supplies as well, so you should be all set!

:D
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

You won't believe this, guys!!!!!

I found this on Fang's blog (y'know from Maximum Ride?) dated 1/30/07. (The day before Fang had posted a list of the Flock's fave iTunes songs.)

"P.S. Gazzy says he's offended that "White & Nerdy" was not on the playlist. Please play along and pretend that I "fixed it." (...Quite frankly, I just can't deal with them SINGING it over and over again mid-air!)"

See? Even fictional (or maybe not) characters like Al!
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
Scarlatti
Addicted

Post by Scarlatti »

:lol: awesome
SHUT UP!! JUST SHUT UP!!
Lauren
Obsessed
Location: on earth in my house in my room on my computer on WOWAY

Post by Lauren »

WAYFan @ Apr 24 2008, 06:34 AM wrote: You won't believe this, guys!!!!!

I found this on Fang's blog (y'know from Maximum Ride?) dated 1/30/07. (The day before Fang had posted a list of the Flock's fave iTunes songs.)

"P.S. Gazzy says he's offended that "White & Nerdy" was not on the playlist. Please play along and pretend that I "fixed it." (...Quite frankly, I just can't deal with them SINGING it over and over again mid-air!)"

See? Even fictional (or maybe not) characters like Al!
OMG i am reading that book and i never seen any Al realted things maybe i sould start reading it again.
big day!!!!!!!!! :D :)

im on twitter i am cricket27l (the l is a Lower case L, just so you guys know.)
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

It's not in one of the books, it's on Fang's actual blog. (www.maximumride.blogspot.com)
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
nerdforlife
Obsessed

Post by nerdforlife »

I was in a shop today with Mum and I hear something familiar...It was Michael Jackson's "Beat It", but I had no idea what the lyrics were, so I started singing Al's lyrics. I'm pretty sure I received some weird looks when I started dancing along. *cough*
Hi. Name's Raquel.
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

Once, on the local oldies station, WCBS, they played "Beat It" and followed it with "Eat It". I wasn't there to witness it, but my parents were kind enough to tell me.