Woway Idal - Discussion

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

Ok, well seeing as that i'm not in the compitition anymore- I think i'm gonna say thanks to everyone who supported me and thought my parodies are funny. And i'm gonna make sure I do much better next time.

:D @BB( ) ++
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

crazymelon @ Jun 19 2007, 07:25 AM wrote: Sure, I'll change it for ya. :)
Oh, man. Now Survivor is going to be put off even longer! ;)
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Keir @ Jun 20 2007, 10:46 AM wrote: Oh, man. Now Survivor is going to be put off even longer!
That's not really a bad thing. It's good for the host so that (s)he can finish up challenges and make sure that the players will have as much fun as possible. So really, the longer it takes, the better for all of us.

Come on Melon! You're doing great! Pace yourself!
Silence will fall.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

LN3000 @ Jun 20 2007, 01:52 PM wrote: It's good for the host so that (s)he can finish up challenges and make sure that the players will have as much fun as possible.
Of all people, I would think you would know whether N00b is a male or female.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Another thing, whenever we start a new Survivor, the cast list starts to fill up pretty good for about a week...then we kinda hit a snag in finding other players and it takes a while to fill up the cast list

Plus, I think both games could be held at the same time if needed anyway
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Well, Well, Well @ Jun 20 2007, 12:53 PM wrote: Of all people, I would think you would know whether N00b is a male or female.
I don't know what you are trying to say, but I was talking about hosts in general, not just for this survivor. :)

Dingo brings up a good point that both games COULD go on at the same time, but I think it's safe to say that people would prefer to have only one "big" game going on at a time.
Silence will fall.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I guess I have to bow out. Sorry everyone. I was enjoying this a lot... in 2006.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

Wow sorry to hear, Jon. Your parodies have been top notch - I thought you were a shoe-in to win.
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

That sucks, Jon. I'm sorry. Please keep writing parodies, though!
Silence will fall.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

This is pretty hard for me to say, but I'm gonna throw it out there:

Does anyone feel like abandoning this game altogether?

I don't mean it as a bad thing, but look at what's happened: We really kinda forced Mystik into starting the game earlier then he wanted to, he disappeared, we had that two month holding pattern, we've had several contestants bow out, and quite frankly, I think WeirdAbbott being kicked out was a crock because some people voted wrong (That's not anyone's fault.....LEAST favorite polls always end up with people voting wrong here)

I am not a parody writer. So far in this game, I've written what I feel are two great ones, a mediocre one, and a really lousy one. I've got a parody I'm sitting on just in case a relatable theme comes up that I think is another great one. At the same time though, no matter how good (or bad) they are or will be, I am NOWHERE as good as people here who actually take time on this thing. And if I were to win because there was no competition left (Which is the way we're heading), I'd feel pretty lousy (I think everyone would feel that way, but especially an interloper like me who probably has no right to win :) )

Again, I'm not blaming anyone. And if anyone wants to continue, I'll keep plugging away. But this game was doomed from the start. It has a lot of potential. It's fun. There's no question it would work if it's done right. I think the fact that we rallied to keep it going shows that there is a love of this idea. But there's just too many factors working against us right now.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?