New Status Graphics

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

scottidog wrote: Ok... so we want new Status Thingys (that's the official name, isn't it?)

[ http://www.weirdalforum.com/forum/html/team_icons/weird_al_rank_5_mod.gif ]

The current ones are 114x35 (114?) So we will need to stay in the same size range or smaller.

Here are the specs for the contest:

115 x 35 is the maximum size, but you can make them smaller if you want to.

You will need to have seven images: design for the five levels, with modifications for Admin and Moderator.

You can work alone, or with someone else.

You must submit your designs in either jpg, gif or png.  They should be 5 kb or less (each.)

The winner will be chosen by a Survivor type vote.  You should submit your designs in this topic, no later than June 27, 2007.  That gives you just about a month to work on it.

You may submit as many as you like, but if we have a zillion, we will be thoroughly ruthless in our first Tribal Council.

Currently our Status Thingys reflect Al and Da Guys.  But they don't have to.  This is a Weird Al Forum, so if you want to just design with Al in mind, that's ok. 

Also, don't limit yourself to thinking of heads.  It can be anything.

Submit your designs to this topic.  Chit chat will be put in the Poop Deck.

Example:

MOD Edit: Sorry to hijack your post, Ak... But I needed to put the specs in the first topic, and after I merged the two topics, your post was first...
AK Edit: Not a problem ... makes sense to have it like this. :)

Based off of this post and the posts that preceeded and followed it, everyone kinda seems on board with having a contest to create new "Al Heads" that appear underneath your screen name.

So, although I didn't come up with the idea or contribute at all to the conversation and probably should have left this to someone else .... I decided to get the ball rolling and start a topic for this contest!

So, anyone interested in creating new "Al Heads", just post 'em here! And, let's say there'll be a month time limt. And let's say that after a month, well vote on the one we like the best. And let's say, that people who want to switch to the new "Al Heads" that win the contest can!

So ... yeah ... all you creative people ... get to giving us some good heads!!
PMFL!
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

I'll bite,

what should i use to "try" to make these heads?
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

JEDM @ May 22 2007, 11:17 PM wrote: I'll bite,
Ouch!

what should i use to "try" to make these heads?

I would say a program like PhotoShop or PhotoFiltre or some other graphics altering program (shoot, even Paint would probably work!) ... good luck!
PMFL!
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

What should the heads look like?

I'd like specifics please
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

My guess would be that it's up to you. It can be more recent head shots of the band, or maybe it can be of different heads of Al's, or Al-related things (Harvey, a 27, an accordion, etc.)
And Peggy
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

I posted a link ... look in that topic ... and basically, as long as they are around the same size as those that we currently have, you'll be fine (and, well, there should be five ... and they don't have to be heads ... and be creative!) ... yeah, read the last couple of pages in the topic I posted a link to. :Y
PMFL!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Does anyone else like the current heads?
taste is only something if it is yours.
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

Can we submit more than one set of heads?
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Well, Well, Well @ May 23 2007, 12:58 AM wrote: Does anyone else like the current heads?
I do ... but am also curious to see what else people can come up with.

Can we submit more than one set of heads?

Submit as many as you want. :Y
PMFL!
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

Cool. Thanks for starting this. So the deadline I take it is June 23? I may even be able to take a stab at it in that time.

I do like the current heads, I just thought they should be a bit more contemporary. However, I definitely think when it comes time to vote that the current heads should be one of the options available. And if they do change, the old Al could still be up there next to the Make a Donation button.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!