Greatest "Weird Al" Yankovic Songs Chit Chat

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Bruce the Duck @ Jul 19 2008, 10:14 PM wrote: I'm guessing that this is pretty easy for Bob, though, judging by his profile. :lol:
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this topic.
And Peggy
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Really? Because the first thing I thought about when I saw this topic was "Gee, I hope I get to read it now instead of 20 minutes from now" :P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Sometimes when I pull lists out of that list (which hasn't been updated in a while), I notice that it could use some alterations. But yeah, this was pretty easy.

Should we not post our lists here?
taste is only something if it is yours.
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

Elvis @ Jul 19 2008, 08:48 PM wrote: And I thought people would have difficulty coming up with 20. :lol: I mean, most of us can probably rattle off our top 5 or so pretty easily, but once you start going beyond that, I find that you really need to start giving it some thought. :peace:

Dave
I think most of us are starting with the whole list and cutting it down to 20, rather than building it up to 20 from scratch. I just noticed this thread and quickly cut the list down to 54 songs, then picked off 9 that are definite top 20 songs. Now to decide which of the remaining 45 should also be in the top 20.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yup. It's much easier that way. I got my list in to Dave yesterday, at some point between all the CPU errors. I was a bit surprised with how my list turned out, especially with "White and Nerdy" making it to the top. As I kept trimming it down and ordering them, it just kept winning out over all the others.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I went through my iTunes and copied all of the Al songs with five stars, and then narrowed it down to 20, and ranked them from there.
And Peggy
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Bruce the Duck @ Jul 20 2008, 07:20 PM wrote: ... especially with "White and Nerdy" making it to the top.
Oddly enough that one didn't even make my Top 20. I like the song fine, but there are at least 20 others I like more.

It certainly will be interesting to see how this all turns out.
This means something. This is important.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Eh. I have nearly 6,000 songs in my library. I don't have the patience to rank any of them.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Well @ Well, Well,Jul 20 2008, 04:21 PM wrote: Should we not post our lists here?
Why bother? We can just read your profile. :P

I'd say please hold off posting your full lists until the countdown is finished, or at least until all the songs on your list are revealed. If you want to post 3-5 songs at random from your list now as a teaser, that would be fine. :peace:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Elvis @ Jul 20 2008, 10:23 PM wrote: Why bother? We can just read your profile. :P

No thanks. I usually zone out after the first couple hundred songs on there :lol:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?