Shh! It's Nerdy In Here.

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Hey, so I guess people were talking about making some kind of little gift thing for Al, Jay, and TBITB for the platinum single.

I was thinking we could work together to make it. I guess we could do something like we did for the 1000th show where people could submit letters to go with the gift.

Instead of the vinyl and paper cover, we can modernize the award. What if we made a CD and jewel case? No more vinyl! lol. The CD is easy... I can print labels and stuff and make it look platinum. The jewel case can have art (Aron?), concert photos (myself), and info about the award... and the insert can have little quotes from woway members! I really want to make this look professional- no home inkjet printers for this thing. I can do all the physical preparation, but I need your help to make it special and from all of us.

What do you guys think?
I mean, obviously Al can find this and read it, but this is really the only way to get the gifts made and include everyone. I'm sure they'll love them even if they aren't a complete surprise.

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: AUGUST 27th AT 3PM PST

------------------------------------------------------------------

GIFT CONTRIBUTORS:
--Kristine (Design/Photo/Construction)
--Aron (Cover art)
Audio:
--stupidsurgeon27
--JDTurnbull272
--InsertCoin(s)toContinue
--crispy-gypsy
--crispy-gypsy's sister
--erkman27
--Mashed Potato
--jbracciante
--polkarama27
Liner Notes:
--WAYFan
--Orthography Enthusiast
--Goofball0427
--Ambra
--ludovica64
--CrazyWeirdAlLady
--nerdforlife
--algonacchick
--Eithne
--PsychoWardJester27
--like_im_27again
--mrmichael21
--JacktheExtra
--mikelgb
--anthontherun
--Tina

Thank you to all who contributed!

GIFT DETAILS:
-Cover art by Aron
-Photos and design by Kristine
-Liner notes contain an audio CD track list plus written greetings for those who didn't record audio (screennames and first names used).
-CDs look platinum and have playable recorded greeting tracks.
-Each individual recieved a customized gift (Al, Jay, Jim, Steve, Jon/Bermuda, and Rubén)

Bermuda's Thanks Post

TO SUBMIT AUDIO:

1. Record the audio (or video from which I'll extract audio), and save it as a wave file. Watch the levels- play it back to make sure you can hear it without turning up the speakers too much. There is no need to convert it into an mp3 file. If you're submitting video, please send the highest quality possible (consult your camera's manual) in any standard file type. Please minimize background noise and echo.

2. Name your files as "recipient_screenname" so I can tell which track is for who (ie "Al_Kristine.wav"). You should have six different recordings. If you choose use one recording for multiple people, please specify so in the PM. Any combination is ok- one generic recording... or one for Al and one for everyone else... etc. Obviously, if you're making a generic one, don't mention a name ("Hi, Jim!" on Rubén's CD might sound strange). For Jon's, the graphic says "Bermuda", but you can choose which name to use in the recording.

3. Go to yousendit.com and use your email for both the to and from. PM me with the link to the file. If you have multiple files, please send all the links in one PM. In the PM, let me know if you want just your screenname used, or your screenname and first name.

TO SUBMIT A LINER NOTE:
If you are unable to record audio, please PM me with your 1-6 greetings. Include whether you'd like just your screenname used or your screenname and first name.

*cough* I'm paying for the supplies out of pocket... it isn't cheap. *cough* PayPal *cough*
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

Kristine @ Aug 7 2008, 01:16 AM wrote: and the insert can have little quotes from woway members!
I can help with that! :P

But this sounds like a great Idea...sadly I have no artistic skill so you guys will have to make it look awesomly awesome without me!
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

I have somewhat decent artistic skills, and just about every editing/ graphic design program known to man, so if you need anything, just holler! ;)
Oh snap!
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

I might do this! Sounds great, Kristine!
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

If we do it as a CD, it doesn't have to be a blank CD... we can put stuff on it about the multitudinous ways White & Nerdy has made our miserable meaningless lives better in every way.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
WeirdMary0427
Obsessed

Post by WeirdMary0427 »

What an excellent idea, Kristine! I could definetly help out with this.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Would people want to turn it into a spoken word audio CD? It could be tracks of people congratulating him.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I think spoken word would be a LOT more fun for the recipient(s) than a blank CD just for show.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Alright... now to alert everyone to this thread... I know not many people tend to browse this section.
polkarama27
Addicted

Post by polkarama27 »

Oh! I would like to help! I mean, I can't do much but still, I'd like to lend a hand! :lol:
Captain Ollie: She's not your usual teenage writer.