[spoiler] Whatever You Like

Moderator: Moderators

jbracciante
Addicted

Post by jbracciante »

The topic of the parody has been revealed in a press release. Highlight below to read the full story.

SPOILER We now know the topic of the parody!

"Al's version -- also titled "Whatever You Like" -- topically mashes together the swagger of the T.I. song with the cold, hard realities of our current economic climate."

Full article found at : http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/we...es,569509.shtml
07: 5/5, 8/6
08: 7/9, 7/11
09: Al Fest 8/1, Al's Brain 8/2
10: 6/17, 6/19, 6/25, 6/27, 9/4
11: 5/19, 5/20, 5/21, 7/13
12: 5/11
15: 6/13, 6/16, 7/31
16: 9/23
18: 3/16
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

That sounds very interesting. Al usually stays away from politically sensitive topics, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles this one.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Weird Joe

Post by Weird Joe »

Check out THIS news article. Very interesting. Seems as though they've heard the song or trying to use speculation as truth.
-Weird Joe-
Webmaster @ BargleNawdleZouss.com
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Weird Joe @ October 07, 2008 06:52 pm wrote: Check out THIS news article. Very interesting. Seems as though they've heard the song or trying to use speculation as truth.
Speculation maybe...?
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Seems as though they've heard the song or trying to use speculation as truth.
I got a few more articles on my yahoo news alert, and they all seem to have lifted that bit about "The Economy" from the Billboard article. And the Billboard article claims Jive Records is their source. So we can be pretty certain, at least, that the song won't be about food.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
music89
Occasional

Post by music89 »

SPOILER "Weird Al" Yankovic Digitally Releases a Parody of the Current #1 Song in the Country

"Whatever You Like" will be available exclusively on iTunes for 2 weeks starting October 7th

NEW YORK, Oct. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- 3-time Grammy Award-winning artist "Weird Al" Yankovic adds his signature brand of humor and style to T.I.'s current #1 smash hit "Whatever You Like." Al's version -- also titled "Whatever You Like" -- topically mashes together the swagger of the T.I. song with the cold, hard realities of our current economic climate. And by utilizing the immediacy of the Internet, for the first time in his career Al is releasing a parody of a song on iTunes while that song is still #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Al shared his excitement with his fans in a recent MySpace blog: "One of the hardest things I've had to deal with in my career is keeping my material topical even though I only release albums every 3 or 4 years. Now, with the advent and popularity of digital distribution, I don't have to wait around while my songs get old and dated -- I can get them out on the Internet almost immediately. It kind of boggles my mind -- I thought of the idea for this new song a week ago, and next week it's getting released!"

Weird Al's new single will be available exclusively on iTunes for two weeks starting on October 7th and then made available at all major online retailers.

Over the last three decades, Yankovic has sold more comedy recordings than any other artist in history. His last effort Straight Outta Lynwood debuted in the Billboard Top 10 and went on to receive Gold certification and two Grammy nominations. The album spawned the Platinum single and hit video "White & Nerdy" which went to #1 on VH1 and iTunes, and also became a viral phenomenon on the Web, racking up over 80 million views.

www.weirdal.com

www.myspace.com/weirdal

Source: Jive Records

[email protected]

Web Site: http://www.jiverecords.com/
http://www.myspace.com/weirdal
http://www.weirdal.com/

its just the entire press release, it does give a hint of what the song is about, so just incase people wanna wait for the actual song to come out before knowing what its about, i put it as a spoiler
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I understand why you thought it might be speculation, but it's actually a press release, hence the "PRNewswire" (PR = press release). Most press releases are written to look like articles so it can get confusing.

Since it generally takes a day to process press releases, I'm betting it was released yesterday, before the glitch, and Al's people expected the song to be out by now and the first batch of people to have downloaded it and revealed the content and lyrics on forums like this. But instead, since Al's song isn't out yet.... it turned out the press release revealed the content first. Confused? Good? :P

YAY! Our first real spoiler! :yay:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Weird Joe

Post by Weird Joe »

Elvis @ October 07, 2008 11:07 am wrote: YAY!  Our first real spoiler!  :yay:

You're welcome. ;)
-Weird Joe-
Webmaster @ BargleNawdleZouss.com
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Awesome find! Too bad for Al that this spoiler got out due to iTunes' screw up.

That's very surprising to me that Al is tackling a real, topical political issue. And it's exceptionally good timing to release it in the heat of election season.

Although, if the economy picks up by the time the album comes out, it may seem pretty dated.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

It may actually not get dated; so long as al stays away from saying anything like 'bailout bill' or somesuch, it should stay topical, so long as everyone in the world doesn't get a million dollars in cash.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.