Craigslist

Moderator: Moderators

AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

It's what I figured. Big fail from Amazon, if they're doing it to prevent piracy, it's not really helpful.

I'll make sure to back it up EVERYWHERE I CAN. This is actually the first Weird Al song I actually bought instead of pirating like a hooligan listening on YouTube.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Sure, the song may not be "charting" right away, but here's some good news...the video for "Craigslist" just showed up on Comcasts' Music Choice On Demand (sure, it may have been listed under "pop" like all of Al's other vids, but still, this shows us that this song might do better than we all thought...)

I'm glad this happened, but it's kinda strange that it showed up just two weeks after the single was released...I expected it to take longer...I thought the three other songs would be out and Al would be workin' on the next batch of parodies by the time that one showed up...I remember waiting for "Don't Trust Me" by 3OH!3 to show up on there...when it finally did, that song had been out for almost a full year (and it also bugged me a little that it showed up under "Pop", but whatever...)

It's also a little strange that they had it listed as being from the "Internet Leaks LP" instead of "Craigslist (Single)" as iTunes and every other music site seems to be doing...and I thought it was supposed to be "Internet Leaks EP" but tomato, to-mah-to, what are ya gonna do?

I remember three years back when W&N first came out and they had that video and the one for DDTS listed under "Alternative" (when everyone else had it under "Pop")...that was literally my first real exposure to Al and I've been hooked ever since...then they put up I'll Sue Ya, Pancreas, TITDT and DICYO...In May of '07 when the SOL tour first started, they had a whole section of Al's videos...it was essentially the whole catalog (minus Alapalooza and the first album as well as I Lost On Jeopardy, X-mas at Ground Zero [well, for obvious reasons] and MFN/BH, YDLMA, Gump, Saga Begins and Bob)...they might have had the other SOL ones I didn't mention, but I didn't have cable at that time, so I wouldn't know...

Anyway, if anyone else has of has had Comcast Cable, did they have CBNC, Weasel Stomping Day or Virus Alert On Demand inbetween the 07/08 legs of the SOL tour?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

caseyk27 @ June 29, 2009 08:06 pm wrote: Anyway, if anyone else has of has had Comcast Cable, did they have CBNC, Weasel Stomping Day or Virus Alert On Demand inbetween the 07/08 legs of the SOL tour?
I'm not sure about those, but I'm pretty sure they had Pancreas (of all videos) on there for a while....
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I also played Craigslist for the baristas at the Coffee Bean nearest my house... it got more love here locally.

I also got a pound of a nice Costa Rican.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

I also found the Onion AV Club thread on the Craigslist video. Favorite comment:
Millicent R Finagle
16 June 2009 | 10:51 AM CDT
What amazes me is that the man has actually gotten younger-looking. I'm wondering if there's a horribly aged copy of the photo from "Even Worse" hidden in the back of his house somewhere.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

I also got a pound of a nice Costa Rican.

Don't let the cops find out.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

FredHuggins @ July 04, 2009 07:58 pm wrote:
Why not? I'm perfectly willing to share.

No donuts though, they're not on my meal plan. :lol:
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

FredHuggins @ July 04, 2009 08:58 pm wrote:
LOL!
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Well, at least someone got it...
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

FredHuggins @ July 05, 2009 05:07 am wrote: Well, at least someone got it...
Oh, I got it all right. I just sent it back. :P