Skipper Dan

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, and I said before, that's not a bad thing. I also like how the song starts out without guitar, and then it kicks in, and the song gets going more.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

I love it!! He used the waterfall joke, haha.

I sent the link to my friend Em. She's a skipper at D-land, and the one who introduced me to Al's music way back when.
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

Moved my post too since the topic in the other forum is locked ...
I really like the concept, the song, and the video! With the tracks I have heard so far (WYL,Craigslist, and SD) this album is really shaping up. I had a good feel once I heard Craigslist. I was a little suprised that musically it did not have any jungle/and or water sound effects to fit the lyrics (an alternate mix would be cool). This song also would be a lot of fun remixed to give it a more tribal/ jungle feel (think Lion Sleeps Tonight by the Tokens).
If Al could get the song officially endorsed by Disney (not going to happen heheehe due to the lyrics but wishful thinking) I would love to hear it piped through the queue line at the Jungle Cruise rides in CA and FL.
The video was very interesting too..though could use some more sight gags in the background but that is just my personal preference. Not bad animation at all and liked the video quite a bit as it stands and will get many repeat viewings.
I have been on this ride several times and most recently in March at Disneyland. Very fun ride especially at night where it seems more realistic. The video did contain several homages to the actual ride. I hope Al does a suprise appearance as a Skipper for a day. That would be a lot of fun.
Kudos to everyone involved!
"Everytime I talk about toasters, the subject of bread pops up"-anonymous
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I went on the Jungle Cruise ride at Disney World when I was 13. I remember how corny the jokes were, so I understood the references. I'm 48 now, so you can tell that ride's been around for a while, just like Al said in the song.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Sorry to those of you who haven't been to Disneyland's Jungle Cruise... it makes a million times more sense if you have!

There was one part of the animation that got me... people were entering the boat from the wrong side! Oh, well. Too bad he didn't slip more of the oh-so-cheesy jokes in there. I liked the animation of the rhino attack- very accurate.

If you guys have the chance to go to Disneyland in the near future, remember to ride it at least a few times. Some skippers are better than others. The newer ones stick to the basic script, and generally don't have as good of delivery. But, those that have been skippers for quite some time, and actually have acting background (like the song), are freakin hilarious!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I'm guessing the Jungle Cruise is not an E-ticket ride. What is its classification?

There've been Pirates of the Caribbean movies and a Haunted Mansion movie -- how unlikely is a Jungle Cruise movie?
This means something. This is important.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Looks like one is in development.
And Peggy
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

weird_el @ July 13, 2009 05:41 pm wrote: I'm guessing the Jungle Cruise is not an E-ticket ride. What is its classification?
How many years is it since Disneyland stopped using letter classifications for the rides? You're overdue for a California vacation, El.

If this song sounds at all like Fountains of Wayne, I'm going to go have to find some Fountains of Wayne to listen to.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Oh my! Well it has been 35 years since I've been to Disney. :lol:
This means something. This is important.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

I wonder if there's any significance to the other skipper. I can't really read the name tag, but it looks like Ann? Maybe he knows a skipper?