Skipper Dan

Moderator: Moderators

CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

First of all, this song has become an instant favorite of mine.

My theater director comes to mind during certain lyrics...
"I starred in every high school play" could mean either the lead or a lead. If Dan really got the lead each show, then he had little competition amongst his cast mates. I'm thankful that my director believed that an ensemble has as much strength as the lead so he raised the bar for every actor. Further on in the lyrics he becomes easier to sympathize with as he talks of graduating first in his class majoring in the performing arts...and the lyrics seem to imply he had a brief stint performing professionally before hitting rock bottom(off braodway?). So his case is made...but if he wanted it so badly, he should just keep auditioning. :(

Also the idea of him majoring in business would not have been a bad idea. My director also taught to those who plan to make a career out of any form of entertainment should double major in their favored field (music, film, theater) and business because they are *selling* their own talents as a product.

The song itself is catchy, the character is drawn in a way that will be etched in my memory for eternity....such a depressing face who would have been fun to see in films. The music is further proof that I love Al for his music rather than the jokes. Excellent job Al.
Visit Elvis' website to read "The Completionist Guide" for accessing all sorts ofWeird Al songs (and sometimes ridiculously miniscule) be it rare gems or ridiculously miniscule from 1973 to 2019. weirdalstar.com/uhf/
louietheweaselfaceddogboy
Obsessed

Post by louietheweaselfaceddogboy »

Big Spoon @ July 13, 2009 11:42 am wrote: Looks like one is in development.
It has been in the making for a while, chances seem sort of unlikely for a film being in "development hell". Not to mention that the Disney corporation is already planning their next ride-turned-movie.

I love this song! Great work from Al and the band!
For some reason or another, I just can't seem to like the music video - but that's just personal preference.

When are the next "Internet Leaks" to be released?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

weird_el @ July 13, 2009 05:41 pm wrote: I'm guessing the Jungle Cruise is not an E-ticket ride.
Further research report: Yes, it was an "E" Ticket ride.

OT: Disneyland used to let people ride real live mules???
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Haha, this is great. I remember going on that ride when I was, um, five? Or something. :lol: I refused to go on it when I went a year ago.

I still love this.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

I love the song and it's a lot of fun to have it be about something so very familiar! "the back side of water" was always a favorite line of mine from that ride. And yeah, as Kristine already said, some of the skippers that have been there a while really make the script their own.
Vikki
L285
Die-hard Fan

Post by L285 »

I've only ever been to EuroDisney & Epcot so not much chance of having been on it
I think that it's probably the least amusing IL so far, but the one with the best music
“Since you left home on your journey, things have changed around here. For example, I don’t have as much laundry.”
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

weird_el @ July 13, 2009 01:48 pm wrote: Oh my! Well it has been 35 years since I've been to Disney. :lol:
Well, it's been 35 years since my first visit, but still about 30 since my second, so not too much difference, really. Probably won't see Disney World again. Ah, well.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

Another little moment I enjoy is during the Tarantino line, the animator puts the colors for the Reservoir Dogs. Mr Blonde, Mr. Orange, Mr. White, Mr. Brown, and Mr. Pink.
Visit Elvis' website to read "The Completionist Guide" for accessing all sorts ofWeird Al songs (and sometimes ridiculously miniscule) be it rare gems or ridiculously miniscule from 1973 to 2019. weirdalstar.com/uhf/
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Okay, that song was good. In my opinion, the best of the Internet Leaks so far.

Good job, Al!
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Some Disney fans have found the video already.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.