CNR

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I actually thought the video was the weaker part of the equation and doesn't do the song justice. This is after only one viewing though (I work the night shift), so I will make further judgment later.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I do like the song, but admit that it might be my least fave of the songs released so far. The video is great! I love Jib Jab(even have a membership) so most things they do are awesome to me. Bermuda looks pretty! :)
Is my dude a dweeb?
Tony Goldmark
Occasional

Post by Tony Goldmark »

Hey, does anyone else realize that the song is LONGER than the video?

It's true! They edited a whole verse out for the video version! So if you've only seen the video, go download this song!
Monkeytender
Occasional

Post by Monkeytender »

Huh. I would have never guessed that I'd see a Kitten Cannon reference in a Weird Al vid. But, hey, stranger things have happened.

Thumbs up.
Warsaw was raw.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

Anyone else find the Jim Croce lyric/reference?
Is my dude a dweeb?
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

This is my favorite of the Internet Leaks so far. Definitely the weirdest as well. Though it's nice to have variety, the Jib Jab videos are so much more entertaining - Al should continue having them make one (or more) of the original videos for each album.
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
brandeks

Post by brandeks »

You can add my name to the hat of those who think this is the best of the Internet Leaks so far.
Alpocalypse is coming 21 June 2011...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Just wanted to take a chance to say if anyone is listening to this song who has never seen The Match Game, please do yourself a favor and watch at least a few clips on YouTube. If you get Game Show Network, try to watch some episodes.

In my opinion the true "joke" of the song is knowing how much of a weirdo CNR is, which makes it all the more implausible that any of these things could be true.

ETA: I think it'd be appropriate to post some of your favorite/funniest CNR clips that you come across on YouTube or elsewhere.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
weirdalfan1000000
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan1000000 »

The song was kind of boring. A few of the lyrics were funny, but the rest weren't really that great. The video was the best of IL, I think. I liked the guy with a bone sticking out of his leg, and Bermuda's expression was hilarious.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

This is a good song. I still think "Skipper Dan" is the best of the Internet Leaks so far, but this one ranks above "Craigslist" and "Whatever You Like," IMO. The lyrics are wonderfully wacky, and Al nailed the White Stripes' musical style. I liked the video, but I thought it could have been better.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.