CNR

Moderator: Moderators

HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Re: CNR

Post by HappyGilmore »

I'm hoping it's included with the next cd, kinda like how Straight Outta Lynwood was double-sided, one with videos.
weirdojace wrote:I think JibJab. Probably didn't feel like animating the whole song, I dunno.
Odd, really. Not like it's much longer with the verse.
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

I did not know who CNR was before hearing this song, but I am familiar enough with 70s game shows to get the joke. This is probably my favorite song from Internet Leaks. I actually didn’t realize it was meant to be a White Stripes style parody, I thought it was something much older.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Keir wrote:I did not know who CNR was before hearing this song, but I am familiar enough with 70s game shows to get the joke. This is probably my favorite song from Internet Leaks. I actually didn’t realize it was meant to be a White Stripes style parody, I thought it was something much older.
Sadly, a lot of people seem to not know who CNR is. Sad really, as he was kinda funny. I liked him at least. A couple people at the one concert were asking who he was.
louietheweaselfaceddogboy
Obsessed

Post by louietheweaselfaceddogboy »

I know I'm bumping a very old post, so in that regard, I apologize.
Also, I haven't read to see if what I have to say has already been said, so in that regards, I double-apologize apologize.

I remember when "CNR" was first released a lot of people pegged it as an "Icky Thump" sound-alike.
And, while that may be true, I had a White Stripes playlist on as I was going about my daily routine, and I came across their song, "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground."
Personally, I think this song shares a lot more with the sensibilities and structure of "CNR."

Have a listen, won't you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aIp7ZbXZDw
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I've been meaning to look for a clip of "Dead Leaves" to compare to CNR for some time, so thanks for posting an actual link for us.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I think I pointed this out a while ago, or at least someone else did, or at least I already knew it. CNR is structured exactly like Dead Leaves, but it still has an Icky Thump sound to it.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I'd say Al mixed the rythyms and lyrical structure of "Dead Leaves" with the raw intensity of "Icky Thump".
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Killingsworth wrote:I'd say Al mixed the rythyms and lyrical structure of "Dead Leaves" with the raw intensity of "Icky Thump".
What about "Ball and Biscuit" and/or "Hotel Yorba?"
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

I went to Toronto over the weekend. Here's a photo from the trip!

When songs collide... :wacko: