The Big Alpocalypse Topic

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

JEDM @ October 25, 2009 03:50 pm wrote: Why does Al have to give a tribute to Michael? I would rather have a parody/style parody of great lyrical quality than have a cheap Michael Jackson tribute.

I'd rather not have a tribute to him at all, to be honest. He's had more than enough.
QFT
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

caseyk27 @ October 26, 2009 01:10 pm wrote: He said that "Black Or White" was a song about racial equality that MJ took a little too seriously and he "didn't want the message to get lost." At that point, Al distanced himself as much as possible from the "guy who just does MJ parodies" image as Mason pointed out. This may be the type of thing that would make me personally lose some repsect for an artist.
Actually, he respected MJ's wishes and decided to branch out and wait for the "next big thing". He didn't lose any respect for MJ and always held him in high regard, from what I can gather.

I'm still hoping for a QUEEN style parody.

Oh wait, he's already done that. Therefore, album 13 will be amazing no matter what, just because Ringtone will be on there.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Grom @ October 25, 2009 09:27 pm wrote: I'm still hoping for a QUEEN style parody.

Oh wait, he's already done that.
It is kind of depressing thinking about how there is virtually nothing Al can do with Queen anymore, but at the same time it is not.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

AAAmerah @ October 25, 2009 10:39 pm wrote: It is kind of depressing thinking about how there is virtually nothing Al can do with Queen anymore, but at the same time it is not.
He could always do a parody of a classic song like he did with "American Pie", "Piano Man", etc. There's always that option.
amzo39
Off The Deep End

Post by amzo39 »

Queeeeeeeeeeeeeen.
:P
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Al has already done a Queen parody, a Queen style parody, and a full-song Queen polka.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Oh yeah. That's right. That one song about riding the bus. :P
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

I'm going to miss Queen's presence in Al's world but it's probably for the best. -_-
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
amzo39
Off The Deep End

Post by amzo39 »

FredHuggins @ October 26, 2009 04:20 pm wrote: Al has already done a Queen parody, a Queen style parody, and a full-song Queen polka.
Exactly exactly. :whoot:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Hey now don't worry. There are at least a few hundred thousand more artists for Al to polka, parody, and style parody....
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.