2010 Grammys - "Internet Leaks" Nominated!

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: 2010 Grammys - "Internet Leaks" Nominated!

Post by scottidog »

Screen caps, please. I had to work and couldn't watch. Congrats to Colbert.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

From photos posted the previous day of the seats with the place markers on it was obvious that Al was on an aisle seat but it wasnt sure how far forward until Suzanne tweeted her picture.
Miley Cyrus was sitting directly in front of Al and her date directly in front of Suzanne. Next to Miley's date was Seal and next to him Heidi Klum. Directly behind Al was Kaley Cuoco who presented the Comedy award. Next to Suzanne was Miranda Lambert and directly behind her, Ryan Seacrest. Al was plainly visible a number of times during the show, notably during Beyoncé's and Pink's performances and when Rhianna and Jay-Z accepted their award from the smaller podium in the aisle.

Pink was pretty fabulous, but IMO the rest was pretty poor and it was sad to see Taylor Swift slaughter Rhiannon in the presence of Stevie Nicks; Andrea Bocelli and Mary J Blige similarly abuse Bridge Over Troubled Water.. and wtf was that Green Day performance all about?
The MJ thing creeped me out so much I almost had to stop watching, especially when his kids were put up on that stage again.but the sight of all the slebs in their cardboard 3D spex cheered me up no end. If anyone has a shot of GaGa wearing those that would be fab.
All in all, pretty horrible, but worth watching for Pink's bold performance (at the VMAs she wore a safety harness... not this time!) and the little glimpses of Al who must really have got a good view of Pink, I must say!
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

TMBJon wrote:Stephen Colbert totally deserved the win this year, and like I said Al will win next year for the same songs with a full album to his name. It's AWESOME that the Best Comedy Album award has been moved to the main show. Let's hope it stays.
I think it was only there because Colbert was nominated. Colbert works for Comedy Central. Viacom owns Comedy Central along with CBS (when CBS Corp and Viacom merged). Basically it was a publicity stunt. Don't hold your breath to see it next year unless Colbert or someone like that is nominated.
In hiding since 2010
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Driew_La_27 wrote:
TMBJon wrote:It's AWESOME that the Best Comedy Album award has been moved to the main show. Let's hope it stays.
Don't hold your breath to see it next year unless Colbert or someone like that is nominated.
Truth. There's no way that the comedy awards was televised for any other reason than because Colbert was nominated.

I mean, how many years has the comedy award been televised? None, as far as I know.

And then this year, when one of the biggest names on TV have an album out, it's suddenly televised? No chance of it being a coincidence.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I'm disappointed Al didn't win, but I agree that we should hope for next year. Having the full album out there definitely can't hurt Al's case. Stephen Colbert is very funny, so at least I'm not bitter. If George Lopez had won, however, it would have been a much different story.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Haven't watched it yet, but, sorry to hear Al didn't win. Can't say I was really surprised though. It became obviously obvious that Stephen Colbert would win when it was decided that the Comedy award would be broadcast. I'm sure Al will fair much better when his complete full length album is nominated next year!

Here's a pic I found of Al on the red carpet.

Dave
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

It looks like Comedy Central UK misspelled Al's name in their news piece on Colbert winning. Those wacky Brits! :rolleyes:
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

M3m3s3 wrote:
KRHbacon wrote:RHNBC News Flash

Stephen Colbert wins Best Comedy Album Grammy!
I really wish you had posted a spoiler alert before saying who won. Some of us on the West Coast still have another hour befor the show starts. :angry: :bad:
I was quite surprised to learn that the west coast had to view the Grammys 3 hours after we did here on the east coast. I had thought you would have gotten the live feed.

However, what KRHbacon posted was not a spoiler. It was posted after it was broadcast live on TV (the live feed may have also been available on the web). Al even gave a shout out to Stephen Colbert on Twitter right after he won the award. Besides, if someone REALLY wants to avoid "spoilers" for a big event such as the Grammys, then someone should not be surfing the internet at that time... :P
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

The Hollywood Outbreak web site has a Grammy recap page with excerpts of the performers' backstage interviews after they win their awards. Colbert had something nice to say about his fellow nominee....

http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2010/0 ... ts-record/

It's about halfway down the page, and the audio clip to click is the one after the text blurb.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

1) Colbert deserved to win this award. His album was better than Al's.
2) I disagree that it was *just* because Colbert was nominated. I think this year had a lot of high profile nominees. We'll see what happens next year, but I spoke with a Grammy expert before the show who said the decision was made to break up all the music-based awards and give out something to some funnypeople who might make everyone laugh.
3) The West Coast feed three hour delay is so dumb. This is the only award show where they do that, and I have no idea why. I guess no one is going to watch the Grammys at 5pm, but still.
4) My dad and brother tied in our annual family Grammy pool, correctly guessing 16 out of 29 categories we predicted. I got 15 out of 29.
5) I thought the award show overall was excellent. One of the best Grammy shows I've ever seen. Best performances of the night: Beyonce & Drake, Lil Wayne, Eminem.
6) It was so fun checking the screen every five seconds for shots of Al. He was all over the place, especially during Pink's performance.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.