Another Tattoo

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: (spoiler) Another Tattoo

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Just had a thought -

If this is INDEED a "Nothin' on You" parody, which I think is almost a certainty at this point, could this possibly be a collaboration between Al and Snoop Dogg, with Snoop doing the rap part on the track? That Twitter exchange between Snoop and Al a few months before the October recording session, so they would have had plenty of time to make the arrangements, and it would make sense for Al to target a song like this with a rap part and a singing part.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Ooh, good idea, Jeremy!
And Peggy
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Parody wise this does though seem like a more pop skewering album than Straight Outta Lynwood. Even if it this is a B.O.B., I'd say that song is a lot more "pop" than his other more recent hip hop parodies.
uwvark
Off The Deep End

Post by uwvark »

minnick27 wrote:Maybe it's a song about Al fans getting tattoos? Just throwing it out there
I like that idea. :D

Unfortunately since BTD already poo-pooed that and we know he's always right about absolutely everything and always will be it would be beyond dumb (really really dumb, for real) to ever focus our minds on that thought again. :(

:peace:
I got 99 problems but BTD ain't one.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

(spoiler) Another Tattoo

Post by minnick27 »

Bruce the Duck wrote:
minnick27 wrote:Maybe it's a song about Al fans getting tattoos? Just throwing it out there
Not likely. Al has NEVER written a biographical song or a song that even remotely mentions himself (excluding where he's playing a character - Skipper Dan, Kurt Cobain, Obi Wan Kenobi, etc.). If anyone were going to write a song about Al fans getting tattoos, it would be Al's Band.
Al never wrote a song called Another Tattoo before either. Theres a first time for everything
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I hope this is "Nothin' On You," because then Al could cover Bruno Mars and B.o.B. at the same time! That would be awesome!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

One thing I was wondering about - in a live setting (whether this is part of the medley or otherwise), how would he sing both the Bruno Mars part (another tattooooooooo, babe, another tattoooo) and the B.o.B. part (a-no-no-nother tattoo, babe, another tattoo) at the same time? I'm guessing the band would do the B.o.B.?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I assume that's how they'd do it. Maybe a pre-recorded part for just that snippet of lyrics.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Bruce the Duck wrote: If this is INDEED a "Nothin' on You" parody, which I think is almost a certainty at this point,
It is? I'm not sure I would go that far. I think it's a good guess by everyone, but hardly a certainty.
Bruce the Duck wrote:could this possibly be a collaboration between Al and Snoop Dogg, with Snoop doing the rap part on the track? That Twitter exchange between Snoop and Al a few months before the October recording session, so they would have had plenty of time to make the arrangements, and it would make sense for Al to target a song like this with a rap part and a singing part.
I initially like this thought....but then I don't like it. I really don't want half the song (the bulk of it, really) to be made up of Snoop's vocals. Al can rap--and this one is a much easier rap than say, "Ridin'"--why would he need Snoop? Naw...I ain't down wit dat.

Unless it was flipped and Snoop did the Bruno Mars part. Wouldn't make sense, but I could live with that since it's just the refrain.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

mrmeadows wrote: Unless it was flipped and Snoop did the Bruno Mars part. Wouldn't make sense, but I could live with that since it's just the refrain.
Why wouldn't it? Snoop has sung on some of his songs in the past. I think it's unlikely, but I think it's more likely than Snoop doing the rapping. While I do find it a bit strange for Al do be doing the rapping and singing of parts originally done by seperate people, it has happened before with "Amish Paradise".