Worst Track?

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Potential Worst Track?

Post by Big Spoon »

Yeah, add me to the list of people who think that Ringtone isn't that bad. It definitely isn't Al's best work, but it's far from his worst. The song is catchy as hell, and even though it isn't that funny, there are definitely a few bits that I find myself laughing aloud at.
And Peggy
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

It's one of those Weird Al songs where I don't necessarily think it's all that funny, it's just a good song. Like Airline Amy or Skipper Dan.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I don't understand why people would hate on songs before they even heard them... thats stupid... I think the whole album will be his best work he has ever done, and judging by every song on internet leaks; and I love them all, this album is gonna rock your socks off. If you make up your mind that you don't like the song before you hear, then it comes time to hear it, you'll already, by default, not like the song. Thats the way the human brain works. No matter what, its gonna kick ass, as does everything Al has ever done. Even the theoretical worst songs on every album kick total ass!!

Over and Out.
-Josey
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

joseyklein wrote:I don't understand why people would hate on songs before they even heard them... thats stupid...
Exactly. That's the point of this topic. To stupidly prejudge song titles without any rhyme or reason.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Gotcha... well with that in mind... since I've been needing "another tattoo" for quite sometime and just don't have the money for "another tattoo" I'll go with "another tattoo".
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

TMBJon wrote:
joseyklein wrote:I don't understand why people would hate on songs before they even heard them... thats stupid...
Exactly. That's the point of this topic. To stupidly prejudge song titles without any rhyme or reason.
So is this just some kind of joke topic or something?

Also, I'd have to say that Party in the CIA will be Al's worst song because it will remind me that Miley Cyrus exists.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

this topic has nothing to do with spoilers
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

We're including the titles, so yes, it does.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I guess my dislike for Ringtone comes from the fact that A) It's not very funny; and B) I've never liked Queen at all. I find their entire style to be very irritating to listen to. I can't really put my finger on what it is that I dislike about the sound, I just don't enjoy them. "We Are the Champions" is good though. So those two factors make the song very boring to me. Also, I think a song about ringtones could have been so much more cleverly written. But I respect everyone's differing opinions on this one. It's not like "Syndicated Inc," which is objectively horrible.

Anyway, out of the unheard song, I think I'll enjoy "Another Tattoo" the least. I'm not sure about "TMZ," but as a Katy Perry fan, and judging by songs like "Jerry Springer", "Talk Soup", and "Midnight Star," I think I'll enjoy it. I love "Party in the USA," so it's parody will be awesome no matter what. Al's twisted love songs have been pretty consistent in their awesomeness, so I think I'll like this new one. And I have a really good feeling about "SFTCTP".
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

For what it's worth, I think "Ringtone" is definitely the weakest song of the Internet Leaks. Hoping it's also the weakest song on AlPocalypse since I've already heard it.

BTW, how are we abbreviating AlPocalypse? AP? I know it's only one word, but it's kind of a b*tch to type it. :P