Whatever You Like Video

Moderator: Moderators

NMRodo
Occasional

Re: Whatever You Like Video

Post by NMRodo »

crazygurl14 wrote:I just wish he would do more live action videos. I really dont like the animated videos at all. I like the songs, just not the videos. And that video in particular is just not good. I know the PTW video will probably be quite expensive but still he should be able to do more than 1. Most other celebrities have multiple regualr live action things and dont need all these weird little animated things
Keep in mind that the animated videos are more of an addition to the live-action ones, not taking their place. Al has never really done more than one or two live-action videos for an album (Dare to Be Stupid has four, but "One More Minute" is pretty low-budget and "This Is the Life" has a smurf ton of movie clips). So far, this album has got a live-action video for "Craiglist" - albeit an underwhelming one - and obviously, we'll have one for "Perform This Way". All of the other songs are confirmed to have videos, but who knows if they'll all be animated?
Spoiler: They will be.

I'm thinking this will just be an extension of that weird little video that played on tour last year.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

JCM wrote:Roger that.
Can you please stop doing posts that are nothing more than variations of "yes" and "I agree" so you can increase your post count? It is getting really annoying.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

RyanHippFTW wrote:Can you please stop doing posts that are nothing more than variations of "yes" and "I agree" so you can increase your post count? It is getting really annoying.
Why do we care?

Anyway, back on topic, I'd really like some more live action videos. Craigslist was nice, but not satisfying. I want a second single video! The last album to have one of those was "Running With Scissors" almost 12 years ago!
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

RyanHippFTW wrote:
Can you please stop doing posts that are nothing more than variations of "yes" and "I agree" so you can increase your post count? It is getting really annoying.

NO :lookaround:
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Now its gettin' funny.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Re: [spoiler] Whatever You Like Video

Post by ludovica64 »

giantlobsterrobot wrote:I love the doogtoons style! My favorite video from SOL was Trapped. I hope he's on board for one of the others on the DVD.
That would be great Doug Bresler's a nice guy! :)

I dunno what the deal is with Bonnie Rose's creepy CGI thing. I know she created Al's 3D face from photos he himself provided, but I agree it didn't come out at all well and I hope it was only a test piece, as she said at the time

Whilst Al is on a major label etc he is no Kanye West or Justin Timberlake and wont get the kind of speculative financial advances/investment that those global superstars can take for granted. Live action video is horrendously expensive, and don't forget, any profits from Perform This Way are going to a charity. Al has been in the business long enough to know what he can and can't do, and with the recent Euro and Aus tours he has been stretching that already in the hope of expanding his audience. I think we can count ourselves lucky he goes to the lengths he does to provide us with quality entertainment when I read how remarkably little the artist profits these days from CD sales and downloads.
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Way_Moby wrote:
RyanHippFTW wrote:Can you please stop doing posts that are nothing more than variations of "yes" and "I agree" so you can increase your post count? It is getting really annoying.
Why do we care?
I'd personally jump on here to say that the reason I care is because when I go off to do other things through the day and come back to see a wall of new posts by ______ member, take the time to open up each topic to see if there is actually something worthwhile to read, I now have to sort through countless affirmations of pointless post count padding. Going into every single topic just to reply "I see", "Interesting point", etc......on and on, really doesn't do much of anything.
And while it would be easy for me to just click Mark all posts as read, this back and forth "conversation", that, unlike real conversations, rapidly devolves into lazy, one-word grunts and variations of the word "yep" "okay" and "sure", isn't productive conversation, it isn't even intelligible banter..
So every time, beyond the fascinating factoid that I learn and know somebody agrees with something that was a five word statement in its own, I then feel more confident that they had absolutely NOTHING useful to share.

Anyways.
No matter what the case is, a Whatever You Like video will still be a treat, whether it ends up being something we may have caught snippets of, or not, as it will definitely revive a bit of my interest in the song for a bit when the album comes out.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Album season's always gonna bring out more posts, and that's always going to lead to more "I agree" and just smiley posts.

I don't find it too big a deal, but they probably could be scaled back a bit.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

:clap: see!! now I agree with that!!!

and I believe that whatever the "whatever you like" video is... is gonna be awesome, cause anything Al does is pure gold in my book! and I trust him when It comes to judgment on the videos, he hasn't failed us yet!
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

For the most part, I was really just replying to the whole "why" of the conversation, especially seeing as I haven't even brought this issue up even until now when somebody else mentioned it.
I'm used to this, it's the third time around I've gotten to see this going on the forum, but either way, I do see some extreme cases of it where there is unnecessary posting going on that is starting to get to me, and others.