Whatever You Like Video

Moderator: Moderators

RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Re: [spoiler] Whatever You Like Video

Post by RyanHippFTW »

JCM wrote:A video for this song would be awesome. I do not care who animates it.
Oh, so a video made by a 6-year-old on Mario Paint would be fine with you?
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

As long as Al approves of it, I see no reason why we shouldn't be satisfied.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

JCM wrote:As long as Al approves of it, I see no reason why we shouldn't be satisfied.
Now you imply that everything he approves will be satisfying. :wacko:
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

It should be. He's never been wrong before. If he appoints a 6-year-old to make the video in Mario Paint, so be it. I'll love it no matter what.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

That would be pretty cool. I would be okay with that.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

I figure it will be the animated video that is played in the background while they perform the song live.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I don't think that video is that bad. It's a little rough, but is just a different style of animation.

Reminds me of "The Weird Al Show."
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

It all depends on whether the person animating it has a humorous vision for humorous lyrics. Don't Download This Song was not a good video for that song, and I also didn't like the Close But No Cigar video. He gives the animators so much freedom to use their art, and that's very generous of him, but some animators must not want to duplicate the technique that makes Al's live videos so humorous. I hope the animator he picks for any of his videos on the DVD have humor in mind over being artsy. It IS a comedy album after all. However, I am buying the cd/dvd edition for the cd itself, but not extremely high expectations for the videos. I would like to see them though and if they turn out to be great, then I just consider it a bonus. :) I did really enjoy the videos so far from Internet Leaks.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Alinite27 wrote:I figure it will be the animated video that is played in the background while they perform the song live.
I'm starting to think this is the most likely option as well. I would certainly prefer it over that horrendous CGI version someone posted earlier...even if it was only the third verse of the song.

Personally, I liked all of the videos on the SOL DVD. I agree that DDTS didn't really fit the song, but Bill Plympton's visual style was captivating and fun to watch none the less...ditto for John K and "Close But No Cigar." The only video I really didn't like was "Pancreas". I don't even see why that song had a video much less one the was 100% recycled stock footage.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
minnick27
Off The Deep End

[spoiler] Whatever You Like Video

Post by minnick27 »

Yeah Pancreas was the video I was most looking forward to because I love the song and that video made me mad because it was so bad
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ