Whatever You Like Video

Moderator: Moderators

joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: Whatever You Like Video

Post by joseyklein »

Thats understandable, just remember, people are getting excited, I'll try to tone it down, that is If I'm actually doing any of....that.... but you or I don't know how excited you or I will get the closer it gets to the album release and we may forget about that accidentally. I know its not you quantumerror, but I've seen a lot of unnecessary aggravation and name calling and people getting offended, not just me, but there's a few more in my shoes that have experienced this.... this is supposed to be a place for us to celebrate the new release and interact with and meet other Al fans through some pretty cool conversations and topics, that I just don't see why it has to be anything other than what it is.... if that makes any sense. :think:

anyways back to :drool: ALpocalypse :drool:
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

quantumerror wrote:I'd personally jump on here to say that the reason I care is because when I go off to do other things through the day and come back to see a wall of new posts by ______ member, take the time to open up each topic to see if there is actually something worthwhile to read, I now have to sort through countless affirmations of pointless post count padding. Going into every single topic just to reply "I see", "Interesting point", etc......on and on, really doesn't do much of anything.
And while it would be easy for me to just click Mark all posts as read, this back and forth "conversation", that, unlike real conversations, rapidly devolves into lazy, one-word grunts and variations of the word "yep" "okay" and "sure", isn't productive conversation, it isn't even intelligible banter..
So every time, beyond the fascinating factoid that I learn and know somebody agrees with something that was a five word statement in its own, I then feel more confident that they had absolutely NOTHING useful to share..
Sorry, that's how I'm used to speaking in real life. How would the Dingo know that I understood him if I didn't state such? However, if it annoys you, I'll try to stop.

Anyway, back on topic. There will be a WYL video, I'm sure.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

joseyklein wrote:Thats understandable, just remember, people are getting excited, I'll try to tone it down, that is If I'm actually doing any of....that.... but you or I don't know how excited you or I will get the closer it gets to the album release and we may forget about that accidentally. I know its not you quantumerror, but I've seen a lot of unnecessary aggravation and name calling and people getting offended, not just me, but there's a few more in my shoes that have experienced this.... this is supposed to be a place for us to celebrate the new release and interact with and meet other Al fans through some pretty cool conversations and topics, that I just don't see why it has to be anything other than what it is.... if that makes any sense. :think:

anyways back to :drool: ALpocalypse :drool:

Yes there is quite a bit of people fighting and not being very nice and Al like on the forum lately. There used to nothing like that on here with the exception of some idiot coming on here every so often trying to start something from saying stupid unnecessary things about the people on here or Al. I always liked to come on here becasue most other places on the internet are usually full of mean people or just not a good place to be on and there is no other site out there devoted to Al like this is.

It does not bother me that much with the short i agree or smiley posts. Sometimes people can do some funny things with those smileys. And they dont take that long to read. But anyways....

I am quite excited for the album to come out. WYL was always my favorite of the internet leaks and I have not listened to it in a while so i can listen to the whole album as a whole and have it feel fairly new. I always like when i get a new album the excitement to hear what song comes next and what it will be.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

JCM wrote: Sorry, that's how I'm used to speaking in real life. How would the Dingo know that I understood him if I didn't state such? However, if it annoys you, I'll try to stop.
Well with that in mind also, there are times posts such as that are made when it is pretty much someone else who was acknowledging the understanding, and then someone else jumps in and does something again.

Like I said, really, don't get me wrong, it only bugs me enough to bring it up once somebody asked "Why" it would bother somebody. There are much greater things in this world that bug me far more than this (such as people carrying on a conversation where everyone just assumes one side of the conversation is 100 percent right, and no one has the courage to jump in to at least be like "there's two sides!!!" kinda like I felt I wanted to do.) Don't make too big a deal over it, it's not like if you keep doing it I'm going to stop coming to Woway and blame it fully on you or something!
crazygurl14 wrote:Yes there is quite a bit of people fighting and not being very nice and Al like on the forum lately. There used to nothing like that on here with the exception of some idiot coming on here every so often trying to start something from saying stupid unnecessary things about the people on here or Al.
Alas, I DO miss the days of Jon and Jeremy (BrucetheDuck Jeremy, not the other Jeremy) going back and forth with their conversations, now THOSE were the days of Woway that I remember.
There really is a bit of a negative vibe going on in some of those spots, isn't there? My hope is that the members will eventually either get over it with each other, or eventually just keep it to themselves whether they like each other or not.
New material is always around the time that there is SOME sort of bickering going on, everyone can't agree with everyone, especially when it comes to what music is "perfect" for a parody, or what artist "absolutely sucks" or which ones kick ass for a video or not...etc.

With Whatever You Like in mind, I'm not fully confident that the video is going to stick with me for very long either way, because in the same way how I never really liked Trapped In The Drive Thru very much, I was stoked when the video came out, but only really watched it two or three times and it didn't overall rejuvenate my interest in the song, so I doubt I'm going to feel the same for WYL anyways.

So I'm wondering here - with the amount of time that there has been between the recording of all the songs before Perform This Way, I kinda bet there is a small chance there may be one other Live-action video that may have been shot (I base this on nothing, other than the fact that a second live-action video would play well for Al if he plans on doing a second single off the album, to get some airplay on the music video networks and all) already, and possibly could be included on the album. I know we have been following a pattern of having mostly animated videos the past five or so years, but he surprised me when he did the live-action for Craigslist, it doesn't seem like it would be impossible for him to have shot another video already for another parody yet to be released, he could have just kept in on the down low as well. For all we know, too, WYL could have ended up being one of those too!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Whatever You Like rules. Great song, would love to see an actual video!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I was thinking the same thing about WYL having a live action video as well, theres so many different directions it could go, and would turn out hilarious in the end and reboost faith in the song to some of the naysayers.
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

quantumerror wrote:acknowledging the understanding
Just glancing at your post before actually reading it, I read that as "shamalamadingdong". I was disappointed that you didn't actually say it in your post.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

I too believe there will be a live-action video on the DVD. Internet Leaks was years ago. That leaves plenty of time to work in a planned 2nd single live video. He may have even had the time to figure out a lower-budget route. I watched the originals of some of the speculated parodies and some look like they could be managed on a low budget. As far as the animated videos go, I consider them bonus material. They seem to be a way for animators to work their art a bit and not too taxing on Al or his band, so why say no to them. If they're good, then that's awesome. If they're not so great, well, I wanted to see them anyway and I have the album on release day regardless. :D
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Craigslist is live action.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Grom wrote:Craigslist is live action.
I actually think that if "Whatever You Like" has a live action video, it will be a lot like "Craiglist."