Alpocalypse/Alapalooza Spooky Connections

Moderator: Moderators

RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Re: Alpocalypse/Alapalooza Spooky Connections

Post by RyanHippFTW »

Bruce the Duck wrote:Let's just hope the sales of Alpocalypse don't suck quite as much as Alapalooza's.
Alapalooza sold pretty well, better than SOL, in fact.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

oddaustin wrote:Track 6- "Craigslist", "Traffic Jam": Keyboard heavy songs, style parody of band where lead singer is an asshat!.
Whoa, what do you have against Jim Morrison dude?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

Any dude who wastes his talent and success by dying because of a drug overdose at 27 is a bit of an asshat.

Other then that, I was just trying to find dumb comparisons, I wouldn't think too much about my sarcastic stupidity.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

oddaustin wrote:Track 11- "Whatever You Like", "Waffle King": Both songs start with the letter 'W'!
Actually the better commonality would be that both songs were recorded and released far before the other songs on the album. In fact both songs were actually recorded almost 3 years before their respective albums were released.

Also both albums had Al doing live shows before the album was released, but after many of the songs had been recorded. Though in Alapalooza's case there was only a handful of shows sparsed throughout the spring/summer of 93 as opposed to a whole tour. Though does anybody know if Al performed any Alapalooza songs in concert before the album was released?

Another connection:
Alapalooza had a parody of Billy Ray Cyrus.
Alpocalypse has a parody of Bobby Ray Simmons.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Alapalooza has a parody of Billy Ray Cyrus.
Alpocalypse has a parody of Miley Cyrus.

How did that not get said?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

It did.
Bruce the Duck wrote:*Only time Al parodies a parent then a child of that parent
And Peggy
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Ah, must have skipped over that. Oops.
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

On both albums, Al resurrected old, previously released material as filler ("Waffle King", the entirety of Internet Leaks).
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TheLazenby wrote:On both albums, Al resurrected old, previously released material as filler ("Waffle King", the entirety of Internet Leaks).
I would hardly refer to any of the "Leaks" as filler since Al was planning on releasing those on the album anyway.

I think I'll get a few more "spooky" connections between albums out of the way.

Both "Alpocalypse" and his self titled debut had parodies of no less than three female artists

WAY: Toni Basil, Joan Jett, Stevie Nicks
Alpocalypse: Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus

*Both "Alpocalypse" and "In 3-D" had tabloid songs (TMZ, Midnight Star)
*Both "Alpocalypse and DTBS had lead parodies of female pop stars known for the shock value in their act (Like A Surgeon) and multiple live action music videos and female parodies recorded under duress (GJWHL and PTW).
*Both "Alpocalypse" and EW had lead parodies that seemed heavily based around visual gags for the video and female pop parodies (I Think I'm A Clone Now)
*Both "Alpocalypse" and OTDE had lead parodies of the next big thing in music that referenced their performance styles in some way and the first and fourth parodies seem to be the least dated ones on both albums.
*Both "Alpocalypse" and BHD had heavily publicized "miscommunications" with someone representing the subject of the lead parody.
*Both "Alpocalypse" and RWS featured distinct style parodies of dark, moody bands at Track 6 and had rather weak parodies heavily referencing food at track 11.
*Both "Alpocalypse" and PH had the subject of the lead parody also in the polka medley (also seen on "In 3-D") as well as Al singing parodies of female pop hits in an altered key (as well as on track 7). Both albums also featured the last parody track being dated by at least three years as well as original songs featuring piano played by a guest artist. These two albums also had only two rap/R&B parodies apiece and contained "masked titles" for at least two of the parodies.
*Both "Alpocalypse" and SOL had someone managing an artist attempt to block their parody and one of Al's parody subjects publicly voice their support for Al (also seen on OTDE and DTBS) as well as Al being forced to unintentionally release parodies online before he planned.[/*]

I think I had a few more, but those are the only ones I remember at the moment.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Thats awesome man!!!
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..