The Big Ak and Zuie Topic

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I just pray for light traffic, since I don't get into LA until mid afternoon Sat.... :nervous:

Hmmm... guess you shoulda started earlier with those prayers or something. It takes MAJOR intercession to affect the flow of LA traffic. :biggrin:

At least you weren't late for the concert. And it was a great little show (the "little" referring, of course, to the size of the room-- don't gesticulate too vigorously or you'll knock 27 beverages to the floor-- and especially the postage stamp they call a stage, not the size of the talent upon said postage stamp)

Somebody else who knows the names of all the songs will have to post a setlist, if there's going to be a setlist posted at all, because I don't know them (I did know "Hang On Sloopy" of course, but I never realized before how over-orchestrated the radio-hit version of that song was-- just too many instruments on that record. :P) But it's awesome, intensely interesting stuff. And it was cool to get to talk with Steve & Pete & all the Ak & Zuie fans there (thanks, Carlotta!). It made me feel like I was in college again to pull an all-nighter talking about favorite musicians & other not-even-remotely-related topics with friends. Oh, wait, I am in college again. That probably explains it. :)

-OE, arrived back in Iowa-By-The-Sea at 6 am Sunday. :sleepy:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I forgot to mention that Ian Jay was there, videotaping Dad. He's a tall young man, no longer Miles' "little" brother, but he's no hobbledehoy.
catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan

Post by catanddogdoctor »

Well.... I have my review of Ak & Zuie at Zoey's on Sept 20th up on my web site....

http://akandzuie.catanddogdoctor.net/sept03.html

I have not had time to post pics yet... I'll try to link some tonight....

Enjoy and don't laugh too hard. I really loved this show ;-)

Maria :satisfied:
Australian_Boy
Occasional

Post by Australian_Boy »

Does Everyone Know that AK&Zuie are touring Australia? I talked with Steve before Al's Show, and he said something about staying down here for a long time...
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, not too long, I hope. Be back by spring please, Mr. Jay. We need you for touring here then.
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

I walked by The Basement last night and the Ak and Zuie poster is already on the wall by the entrance! Unfortunately, its the night I'm flying home.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I love it that Ak and Zuie are doing concerts there. More exposure and fun!

They must remember to do some midwest shows when they're back on tour here in the U.S.

-CindyBob
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE They must remember to do some midwest shows when they're back on tour here in the U.S.

...and be sure to announce them well in advance. I could have gone to their Cincinnati show, if only I knew about it before I left for there the day before Al's show. :stern:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Ah, yes... Ak & Zuie: The Stealth Tour
Aussie_Leigh
Occasional

Post by Aussie_Leigh »

If anyone goes to the Ak & Zuie show @ The Basement in Sydney, make sure you post a review and let us know how it was!!!