Whatever Happened To Musical Mike?

All about Steve Jay, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Rubén Valtierra, and Jim West.

Moderator: Moderators

Mashed Potato
Off The Deep End

Post by Mashed Potato »

Bruce the Duck @ Aug 16 2008, 10:02 PM wrote: Actually, Butters is correct. Mike was featured at the very end of "Headline News," and even shown in the video briefly. He hasn't been on an Al track since. But really, I don't miss him. There are only a very limited amount of songs that his bit would work on.
Oh, oops :S
*edits post*
SWIGGITY SWOOTY
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Hmm, this stopic would reveal the very old question I couldn't put here before. Isn't that the Musical Mike himself whose amusing hands we hear in the middle of the "Uncle F***er" song when Terrance and Phillip start umm... farting? I'm pretty much sure it's him, the sound is very close.

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I've wondered that too. It's possible, but it's also just as possible that they generated that noise some other way. It'd be a good question to ask at southparkstudios.com. They actually respond to questions over there pretty regularly...unlike some other site which shall remain nameless. :F
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I've never thought about that before, but it's definitely possible.
And Peggy
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Big Spoon @ Aug 20 2008, 07:01 PM wrote: I've never thought about that before, but it's definitely possible.
That's what she said.
taste is only something if it is yours.
27-77
Die-hard Fan

Post by 27-77 »

Mike has also performed live with Al a few times in the early 80's. He did a live hand solo on at least one performance of "Bus", and I remember reading somewhere he was at a few other shows as well.
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

I don't have any really current info on him, but just by coincidence, on the way home from the last concert of the SOL tour in Lancaster, my friend Tina told me this story, and I asked her to write it for this thread, and she did, and I'm pasting it here for her:

mike was a high school friend of my older brother. i would see him around campus and we'd say hi in passing but never really spoke. even when i sat next to him in biology class, we really did not talk but i did have a front row seat. i learned all about the hand sounds that he is famous ( or is that infamous) for as well as other noises that drove the instructor nuts. i almost peed my pants more than once trying to stifle the laughter and look innocent when the culprit sat close by. mike graduated high school the year before me and i have not seen him since. through the grapevine, i had heard that he is an engineer and still lives in so cal. by the way, mike? if you happen to read this --- thanks for making biology class bearable. :)
Eyeball Chair
Addicted

Post by Eyeball Chair »

awesome. my friend matt can do the fart sounds, I call him 'musical matt'. I'm still learning how to do the noises, but I'm not that good yet.
WOWAY's resident ukulele-dijeridoo-jaw harp-accordion-keyboard-theremin playing chair made out of big eyeballs.

Shameless self-promotion:
https://deirdre-airlines.bandcamp.com/a ... al-fractal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://deirdre-airlines.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

Ever heard of this guy? He's taken it to a whole new level. :D

http://www.myspace.com/shanebertrands39squirtgun
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

:lol: That's awesome!
And Peggy