Album mastered in 5.1 surround sound

Moderator: Moderators

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Ron Wheeler wrote: You should gargle and floss now for mentioning FZ in the same terms as Weird-boy.
:huh:

Yeah, THAT makes sense. :rolleyes:

Anyway, commentaries would be so freakin' cool, but, would you need to put it in a DVD-Player to play it?
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Mystik Tomato @ May 24 2006, 01:43 AM wrote: Anyway, commentaries would be so freakin' cool, but, would you need to put it in a DVD-Player to play it?
Most likely, but if I'm not mistaken that would be the side with the 5.1 mixes anyway. Please, anyone, if I'm incorrect on this aspect of Dualdiscs, I'd like to know.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

just posted this over at the surroundblog thingo, in response to a comment by Mr.T [ :huh: ]

i'm pretty sure that i speak for all of the "Al-heads" out there when i say that some of what Mr. T said is correct. Not everyone can like Al's music, and we understand. What we didn't like was the personal attacks on Al and those that do like his music. Just as people are allowed to dislike his music, we have the same right to love it.

About Al not taking himself seriously, that isn't entirely true. To some extent it is as he is able to laugh at himself and others, but from interviews that i've read/heard, it is clear that he takes his career very seriously, working on his material for any extremely long time making sure it's perfect. Al has also said many times that he writes for himself, and if other people like it, then cool, but if they don't, so what?

I don't think any of us wanted this to go as far as it has, and as a relatively new Al fan myself, i have to say that the more senior Al-heads are some of the nicest people i've met/spoken to, but as a group we can get very defensive. Imagine if i came on here a dissed Led Zeppelin...

I think the moral of the story is that not everyone can like every style of music/artist, and everyone is allowed to voice their oppinion. And it's important to remember this goes both ways.

hopefully it ends there

EDIT: i guess not, but at least i tried
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Cheerios Applejacks Cheerios
Occasional

Post by Cheerios Applejacks Cheerios »

spacedingo @ May 24 2006, 02:22 AM wrote: So did we ever figure out why the guy even cared to talk about this? Does he work at the studio or something?
I think he just copied and pasted this link and added his commentary.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Thanks for finding that, Cheerios Applejacks Cheerios! Now we know.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Firstnoel

Post by Firstnoel »

I'm sorry, I just couldn't hold myself back. Al has been the artist that I followed since I was 10. And I think his fans are the best. So I had to post something on that schmuck's web site. I wasn't to mean, I tried not to be, but the guy is just wrong. I have no problem with people not liking Al and his music, I've been dealing with that since grade school. But to call him not an artist, and a hack. That is just wrong. >:S

I am done with Ron Wheeler and 2 bit site. I hope one day he sees the error of his ways and recognizes real talent, even if it's not to his tastes.

To stay on topic with the thread...:F

5. freaking 1, sweet! I need to get myself a better stereo system. To bad my car doesn't do 5.1, heck it does everything else now.

Al, and the Gang, you're great! Keep up the good work!

Sean D.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Cheerios Applejacks Cheerios @ May 24 2006, 07:16 PM wrote: I think he just copied and pasted this link and added his commentary.
And therein lies the difference between real journalism and...well, hacks.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

:lol: Gotta love that irony :lol:

I'm so excited 'bout this 5.1 surround sound and the "wealth of Weird Al bonus features"!

Hmm...First we get a secret file on RWS. Then we get an enhanced CD with PH. Now we're getting a DualDisc with surround sound and junk on A-#12! Wow!

I wonder what'll be on A-#13 or even *shudder* A-#14! :lol:
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

I always find it difficult to think of something that I'd like for christmas, now I can ask for money towards a 5.1 system for my computer :D

what was the secret file on RWS? i don't have that ALbum yet
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

EmBob, when you put the RWS cd into your CD-Rom, there is a secret file which has clips from Al's Disney Channel Special, "There's No Going Home", which was filmed around Bad Hair Day tour time. I don't know the exact date, but I'm sure someone else here does. It's really cute and funny.

Mystik brings up a good point. The extras keep getting better, at least as far as the past 3 albums are concerned. This is gonna be sweet!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325