Album mastered in 5.1 surround sound

Moderator: Moderators

Apocaloso
Die-hard Fan

Post by Apocaloso »

i have a 5.1 surround sistem, but if i use the songs on my MP3 lettor, Ipod or a pc with 2.1 do you think that it going to sound better or what??
Fry J. Apocaloso
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/apocaloso27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Videoclip of SHE NEVER TOLD ME SHE WAS A MIME (2009): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnElaNqX9Rg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

well it would sound better on a 5.1 system, but it won't sound bad on anything else, you just won't get the surround-ness of the sound....
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Tony Danza
Occasional

Post by Tony Danza »

algonacchick @ May 23 2006, 04:00 PM wrote: Well, I'm happy that our Tony Danza posted in there. Ron Wheeler hasn't responded to what he said. Probably because he's right. Way to go, Tony! Ay-oh!
Ay-oh, I couldn't let my name be sullied on that hack's blog. We should all be thrilled at the extravadanza that is Al's new tunes being mastered in surround sound, and instead this totally non-danztastic guy is raining on our parade. I'm glad we are no longer feeding hits to his site! He is definitely NOT the boss.

I can't wait to hear the new ALbum in danzafirric surround sound!! I have a room in my mansion that is round in shape with walls littered with speakers, and I will lock myself in there with nothing but the new CD and a big bowl of Mama Danza's pasta fazul... now THAT'S an EXTRAVADANZA!

Back to lurk mode. Danza out!

Thoughts and prayers,

Tony Danza
It's an EXTRAVADANZA!!!!!!
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles
Off The Deep End

Post by TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles »

Tony Danza @ May 25 2006, 08:37 PM wrote: He is definitely NOT the boss.

Tony, after an entire day of being sick, you (in total- I had also watched your show today) have made my day.

I had pulled back from saying anything because it'd be lame and cliche- people WILL make fun of Al. It happens. People make fun of him, but it doesn't really bother me.

What bothers me is that most fans refuse to learn that some people, as it turns out, DON'T LIKE WEIRD AL.
What this is, folks, is the equal to "feeding the troll" if you will. I bet Ron Wheeler is getting a kick out of this.
Just had to get that off my back- it's purely opinion.
The Office: NBC, Thursdays at 9.
If you're not watching, you're doing yourself great injustice.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, you have to give us more credit than that, Mecca. I think most of us realize that there are people in the world who don't like Al. That's fine. But this guy was not only attacking Al and his music, but the fans who responded to his initial comments. I think most of us also realize now that maybe we shouldn't have said anything, but some of us couldn't stand by without making a comment.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

algonacchick @ May 25 2006, 03:33 PM wrote: But this guy was not only attacking Al and his music, but the fans who responded to his initial comments. I think most of us also realize now that maybe we shouldn't have said anything, but some of us couldn't stand by without making a comment.
I really agree with what you say. When I made my first post on the blog, I really had hoped that what I said wouldn't be taken as a fire starting insult...because honestly, all of those in support of Al who commented only tried to reason with Ron, not to make him change his opinion (well at least of not enjoying Al's music fully), but to just try to help him understand the hard work that Al does to make his fans happy. I do have to say that of all the people who commented over there, the Al fans were the most composed and mature. If that doesn't say something about Al and his fans, then I don't know what possibly could. Just a bunch of immaturity over there is all... <_<

Anyways, my dad has a really nice surround sound setup for our home entertainment system (with a 20 inch Tv..haha!!!) and I just can't wait to hear this ALbum. I recently picked up a copy of Nickel Creek's new album "Why Should The Fire Die?" and it is in full surround sound...it is the first album I've ever heard in full 360 degree surround sound and I have to say, I was amazed. I have listened to all of their other albums on the same system and when I heard this one on it, I was so excited that I was almost giggling. :lol: One thing I might point out to you all, however...the album was released in normal 2.1 and also in 5.1 format...the 5.1 costed more if I remember correctly. Not a WHOLE lot, but enough that I noticed the difference. Not that I'm saying Al's album won't be worth the extra money if it comes to it, but now I'm wondering if he is going to release two versions of the album...hmm?
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

CatraDhtem @ May 24 2006, 07:18 AM wrote: Most likely, but if I'm not mistaken that would be the side with the 5.1 mixes anyway. Please, anyone, if I'm incorrect on this aspect of Dualdiscs, I'd like to know.
You can click here for more information about DualDiscs, direct from SONY/BMG, the company who owns AL's label. This page really explains things.

Dustin
http://www.dustinsoper.com/
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Dustin @ May 27 2006, 01:26 AM wrote: This page really explains things.
Thanks for passing along the link.

One side is the full-length CD audio album. The other side offers DVD content. This may include enhanced album audio, 5.1 surround sound, music videos, artist interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, documentary films, photo galleries, lyrics, computer-ready digital song files, and Web links. It all depends on the artist.
So according to this, the 5.1 mixes will be on the DVD side.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

CatraDhtem @ May 27 2006, 03:29 AM wrote:

So according to this, the 5.1 mixes will be on the DVD side.
That's right! I completely forgot. That's exactly how it was done on "Songs For Silverman". The surround sound mixes are on the DVD side of the DualDisc. So the issue of whether your CD player has surround sound is pretty much rendered moot. Now, the issue is whether your TV/computer has surround sound.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

well I hope there is more on the dualdisc side. I don't have a 5.1 system to justify buying the dualdisc instead of the regular formatted CD.