Close But No Cigar

Moderator: Moderators

ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

You should see what my sister watches...
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

It's not like the video is that bad; it's just not something you'd expect to see from Al.
taste is only something if it is yours.
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

I dunno.... I guess I always expected a 47 yr old to at least partially let on he was mature... ;)
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

childofthespiral @ Jul 11 2007, 07:39 PM wrote: I dunno.... I guess I always expected a 47 yr old to at least partially let on he was mature... ;)
Recording a sexually suggestive music video shows signs of maturity?
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

He didn't record the video.

I didn't say that, ecactly. What I was meaning to say was, he's said numerous times that his music is not intended for small children. Is it any surprise that one of his videos might contain a few adult themes? And not to get off topic, but would you really let a small child listen to Good Old Days? To me it's not any different than letting a child listen to WBUL, or to CBNC.

In the end, it's a personal preference what one wants to watch or let their kids watch.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I know he didn't record the video. He sanctioned it. I know he has some suggestive lyrics scattered throughout his songs, and I'm fine with that. I recognize that some of his songs are for a more mature audience, like Good Old Days.
I just disagreed with the implication that suggestive videos indicated maturity. But it seems to me that it just came out wrong, and I now understand what you intended to express.
It's all cool.
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Phew! I'm glad we're cool. It's hard sometimes to express an intention through the internet.

I still like this song. And the video. I kind of expected this type of video fron Kricfalusi, because I used to watch Ren and Stimpy when I was a kid (even being 13, I wondered at how they could put that on nickelodeon...) so it didn't surprise me much.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
Pickle
Regular

Post by Pickle »

Sorry to revive a month dead topic but was there an actual trumpet player at any concert?

When I went, I swear the trumpet (or the track for it) was very loud and actually sounded like someone onstage.

Also, love Al and the little rattle doohickey on stage. I forget what it's called.
English doesn't just borrow from other languages, it mugs them on the street and checks their pockets for loose grammar.
weirdal56206
Addicted

Post by weirdal56206 »

i love the song but the video was ewww :F
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Keyboards can make all kinds of sounds,so Ruben could have been playing the trumpet part. Or they could be using a backing track. I know he used one for Melanie last tour, so I don't see why they wouldn't use it again.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ