Moderator: Moderators

Dementian27
Addicted

Post by Dementian27 »

Ah yeah :) like a style parody
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

I love it! Since my favorite Al look is IAATP, it definitely got my attention (but then, Al usually does!)

Back after WAY too long an absence!
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
MEGATRON

Post by MEGATRON »

:D i think it awesome

by the way, im new here...just letting you all know
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

He's using the exact same font NWA did on their Straight Outta Compton CD

see Image
This means something. This is important.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yup. Ryan pointed that out (somewhere) and also made note that the font is SLIGHTLY stretched horizontally on Al's version.

I doubt it means anything as far as parody content, but it's nice to give a "shout out" to the group that coined the phrase that he's parodying.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

ooh I do hope Al's CD will have a "Parody Advisory" sticker.
This means something. This is important.
Fer

Post by Fer »

I got that it was a rap style parody, but I was wondering if it was referring to a specific rap album that I didn't know about. Thanks for sharing and letting me know which one it was!

(That's why I love this forum. I always find alnswers to any of my questions so quickly. You guys are great.)
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I thought about that (the idea of a mock sticker), but my only worry with that would be parents seeing the sticker, thinking it's real, and then not buying the album for their kid, when otherwise they would have.
Fer

Post by Fer »

Oh... "alnswers" was a typo, but I think it's probably the most appropriate typo I've ever made! :whoot:
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Fer @ Jul 22 2006, 09:01 AM wrote: I got that it was a rap style parody, but I was wondering if it was referring to a specific rap album that I didn't know about. Thanks for sharing and letting me know which one it was!

(That's why I love this forum. I always find alnswers to any of my questions so quickly. You guys are great.)
While the title and font alone are a direct parody of "Straight Outta Compton," the rest of the cover design is made up of several common elements found on rap albums. Ryan and I have posted quite a few examples of albums with similar looks and styles. If you're not opposed to reading spoilers, you can check them out in the "Straight Outta Lynwood" and "The Da Yanko Code" threads in the spoiler forum.