Weasel Stomping Day

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Pulling their legs off is funnier, then they can't land! (courtesy of Harland Williams)
taste is only something if it is yours.
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

:angry: Fun- funnier?!? And that makes it ok?!?

SHAME ON YOU BOB ROZGA!

SHAME ON YOU MISS JANINE!

>:S

:killed: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT?
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

*walks in and sees the sarcasm that people have failed to catch all over the floor*

We all know that cruelty to animals isn't cool, it's just that some people are more sensitive to jokes about it, others understand it's a joke but don't like, and others take it for what it is, a song about a ridiculous holiday that was made to be as disgusting as possible.....but then I didn't just say anything that hasn't been said already. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, and not pull any "I am holier than thou because I don't like violent humor"

Sarcasm and satire is so hard to catch in a forum

If craymelon was in fact being sarcastic in the previos post, then I believe I proved my own point
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

Weasel Stomping Day is funny! It reminds me of Whacking Day in the Smpsons - the tradition where the residents of Springfield whack snakes to death :lol:

People need to learn how to take a joke where this song is concerned. :rolleyes:

I know someone who would strangle me for liking this song, but though I don't like the thought of killing poor little weasels, I do like this song. It's not like outside of the album Al is going round saying "Yeah! Let's kill the little :censored: !!"
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

crazymelon @ Oct 24 2006, 09:51 AM wrote: :angry: Fun- funnier?!? And that makes it ok?!?

SHAME ON YOU BOB ROZGA!

SHAME ON YOU MISS JANINE!

>:S 

:killed: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT?
I don't think you could pull legs of a fly; I've never tried. Sorry, crazymelon, I was just joking around.
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

My fly remark WAS sarcasm, btw. I agree- it IS hard to express in a forum. I personally don't like violence to animals OR people, but I get the song(s) as what I think they were meant to be- jokes.
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Remember to remember sarcasm, everyone.
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

Is the "Weird Al Forum" or the "Peta Forum"? Let's keep discusions of wether or not killing animals is ok elsewhere.

The song is pretty cool.
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

KnottyEmily @ Oct 24 2006, 11:41 AM wrote: If craymelon was in fact being sarcastic in the previos post, then I believe I proved my own point
I understand that people were joking, but I'm a vegan, so I don't like joking around like that. I was not being sarcastic in the previous post. I only tolerate WSD because I know that Al is joking.

Power to the Vegans!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

crazymelon @ Oct 26 2006, 12:12 PM wrote: I only tolerate WSD because I know that Al is joking.
And so were Bob and Miss Janine.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;