White & Nerdy Video Discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Doesn't seem to be something Al-TV would do.

The way it's edited leads me to belive that it's for a music TV station.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Likely,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it seems well suited for that kind of special..........................
You can never have enough punctuation
......... [MOD EDIT: Yes you can ] ....y'know? ;)
taste is only something if it is yours.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Well, if you remember Al's announcement -- he said that a couple of his friends would pop by to do interviews. This is much less than usual, most likely because of legal reasons and whatnot. He has to fill the rest of the time that he doesn't usually have with something else. A behind the scenes look at White & Nerdy seems like it would fit like a boot specially made for a rather large foot.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

Wow, that was really cool! Thanks!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Well, whatever it was that Al intended to release this on, when it DOES get released, we're gonna buy it or tune in for it or whatever, right? Because otherwise the hooligans win. :stern:
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Of course, OE! Wow, that is an awesome find. I'm particularly fond of the Donny Osmand and Al laughing at their parts in the video. So cool. :lol:
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

This very well could be part of AL-TV. Like Ryan said, he needs some filler time since he can't have as many interviews this time. It's also possible, but not likely, that this was only an excerpt from an episode of MTV's "Making the Video". Is that show still on? It definitely seems to be in their style.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

That is pretty cool and fun to watch. Nice job to whoever found it. :Y If I had to guess, it looks like another leaked video. Maybe an inside job? The same person who leaked "White & Nerdy"? Again, that's totally speculation on my part. I hope I'm wrong, but it does seem suspicious that two things like that got out before Al wanted it to. I'm assuming Al didn't want us to see this yet otherwise it would have been on his website or MySpace.

As for the content, it doesn't fit the Al-TV formula. To me it looks like it was intended to be a bonus feature on a DVD. I don't know of any upcoming Al DVDs, but it's certainly something Al could have edited now and planned to hold onto until there was one.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

The link was posted in the comments section on Al's myspace. I'm gonna try again to watch it.

ETA: After taking the advice of Poptronixx *thank you!*, and downloading Flash player 9, I was able to watch. That was wonderful! This reminds me of something they would use for the MTV program called "Making the Video". Al and Donny having so much fun was definitely the highlight. So funny!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Elvis @ Dec 1 2006, 12:34 AM wrote: To me it looks like it was intended to be a bonus feature on a DVD.  I don't know of any upcoming Al DVDs, but it's certainly something Al could have edited now and planned to hold onto until there was one.
I agree that looks like what this was put together for. If it was instead for an entertainment show or some web site they would have mentioned it somewhere in the clip ("'Entertainment Tonight' caught up with the Weird One on the set of his new video....").

Regardless, here's hoping there's some kind of release in the works, even if it's just a DVD single.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;