Dualdisc Video Chit Chat

Moderator: Moderators

Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Yet another person, David C. Lovelace, claiming to work on an animated project for Al. He refers to the new release as a CD/DVD - I never heard of the Retarded Animal Babies. Check it out
http://www.g4tv.com/happytreefriendsand ... abies.html

"Look for something shiny on the upcoming "Weird Al" Yankovic CD/DVD in early 2006," Hmmm, something shiny eh?
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Ok, so the video will be about shiny animated girl cats. :blink:

I'm so confused. I got nothing. :lol:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Yankovic Farley @ Jan 4 2006, 02:00 PM wrote: So what does everyone think of the "shiny" comment?
Nothing really. Most people associate new stuff with being shiny. It's just a saying.
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Darn, I like the shiny cat idea Dave. :P
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, didn't we already say that the new cd was going to be a dual disc? This new info that this animated stuff will be on it is very exciting!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

algonacchick @ Jan 3 2006, 09:35 PM wrote: Well, didn't we already say that the new cd was going to be a dual disc? This new info that this animated stuff will be on it is very exciting!
I think that was just speculation...But this is cool news! So how many people is that working on it that we know of? 3?
Begone, foul beast!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Al's #27 fan @ Jan 4 2006, 12:41 AM wrote: So how many people is that working on it that we know of? 3?
Assuming all sources have been correct so far, this makes four:

John Kricfalusi
Katie Rice (animating on John K.'s segment)
Bill Plympton
David C. Lovelace

If this is in fact all for the same production (hey, some of these folks could very well be working on animated DVD menus for all we know at the moment), this looks like it will end up being a very diverse video, probably very much like the "Weird Al Show" theme sequence.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

CatraDhtem @ Jan 4 2006, 12:13 AM wrote: Assuming all sources have been correct so far, this makes four:

John Kricfalusi
Katie Rice (animating on John K.'s segment)
Bill Plympton
David C. Lovelace

If this is in fact all for the same production (hey, some of these folks could very well be working on animated DVD menus for all we know at the moment), this looks like it will end up being a very diverse video, probably very much like the "Weird Al Show" theme sequence.
Is that including the guy who did the Star Wars Gangsta Rap? I remember him saying he was working on it too.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

You know, it's not far fetched to believe this could also be a handful of videos instead of just an ambitious big one ;)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

spacedingo @ Jan 4 2006, 01:24 PM wrote: You know, it's not far fetched to believe this could also be a handful of videos instead of just an ambitious big one ;)
You mean like a medley, or just more than one video? I'm not sure that Al would do more than one animated video for one album. It could be some kind of parody medley. I know that idea's been mentioned before. Maybe it's a medley of different parodies with a common theme. "Don't Download This Song" could be just one of the parodies. Each animator could be working on a different parody.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.