Virus Alert

Moderator: Moderators

weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Whatinthe27 @ Aug 28 2006, 02:49 PM wrote: .... well there's always the outside chance that it's a funny take on the bird flu.. ??
Not a bad idea actually, but I'm thinking it might be more along the lines of the daily doses of fear fed to us by the media. Al does have a gift for hyperbole, and I wouldn't mind hearing more satire in his original songs.
This means something. This is important.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I'm pretty sure this will be a computer song for two reasons:

1. Virus has taken on such a strong meaning as a computer bug that you hardly EVER hear it refering to a physical ailment anymore
2. Alert is another computer "hot-term", ESPECIALLY used by virus scanners. The combination of the two words, although both have other meanings, lends itself to a very "computer-esque" feel.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

I agree with Ryan, it's pretty much a slam dunk that this will be a computer related song.

My guess is it has to do with opening emails or virus hoaxes that have spread by email, like the ones you find listed with a red dot here:
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/virus.asp
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

Perhaps the radiohead style parody rumored?
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Weird Alan @ Aug 28 2006, 01:52 PM wrote: Perhaps the radiohead style parody rumored?
Didn't that rumor come from buff's tracklist?
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

I think that may have been Wikipedia.
Visit Elvis' website to read "The Completionist Guide" for accessing all sorts ofWeird Al songs (and sometimes ridiculously miniscule) be it rare gems or ridiculously miniscule from 1973 to 2019. weirdalstar.com/uhf/
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I think it's pretty safe to dismiss any of the stuff that was posted on Wikipedia.

For the record, I agree with Ryan. Although a song about the bird flu would be funny, I don't think that became big news until AFTER this song was recorded. Remember, the originals were recorded over a year ago.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

i think he'll actually mention some real viruses- like the (older, but it was huge) Hi virus that invaded MS Outlook.... and more that people will recognize.
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I'll go with the computer virus thing too. I just don't think he'll mention any viruses by name, that could date the song very quickly. I think it will be at a more high level.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
MaleHeffer
Addicted
Location: In The Middle Of Missouri, which hasn't had an AL sighting since 1992

Post by MaleHeffer »

yeah..and i dont think the common folk could name a viris, or find the humor in it.

my guess is it is an everyday guy who *dun dun dun* GETS A COMPUTER VIRIS!!! and his live goes Banana's....B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
"MaleHeffer"
AL Team #1227

Still depressed i missed this last tour...