White & Nerdy

Moderator: Moderators

Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

TMBJon @ Jul 17 2006, 01:37 PM wrote: iisryan, how do you figure "You're Pitiful" as track 11 on the CD? It is certain that it will not be on the album. There is still room for "Don't Download This Song" or whatever another parody might be, plus a 12th track which you ruled out for some reason.
That is what the tracklist looked like before Pitiful was taken off of the album. Back when there were 11 songs.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

iisryan27 @ Jul 17 2006, 03:33 PM wrote: Well, if we had 11 songs for the album recorded (including You're Pitiful), assuming that 1/2 are parodies and 1/2 are originals, we'd have:

1. White and Nerdy
2. original
3. R. Kelly parody
4. original
5. Polka
6. original
7. Usher parody
8. original
9. Green Day parody
10. original
11. You're Pitiful

Al knew that he was doing Weasel Stomping Day before the whole Pitiful fiasco started (I'd assume). From what we know about the album, there just isn't any logical space for a Dragostea Din Tei parody :( That would have been great...I still have my fingers crossed, but it isn't likely.
But "You're Pitiful" was meant to be the lead track on the album. "White and Nerdy" (assuming it's legit) is its replacement. So there's still another parody unaccounted for.
Deliriously Dedicated

TMBJon @ Jul 17 2006, 01:35 PM wrote: If the Chamillionaire bulletin is true, then as much as I'd like to see a Kanye parody, I think I'd rather see him do another rock song. There are three urban-style parodies on this album already, more than any previous album. Granted, it is more popular than ever, but diversity is the name of the game in Al's line of work.
Well, you have to remember that, before this album, we could count the number of urban songs that he had recorded on one hand.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
Deliriously Dedicated

Bruce the Duck @ Jul 17 2006, 01:38 PM wrote: But "You're Pitiful" was meant to be the lead track on the album. "White and Nerdy" (assuming it's legit) is its replacement. So there's still another parody unaccounted for.
If I may present my theory, I believe that White and Nerdy was always going to be on the album, but Al just liked You're Pitiful better. Once You're Pitiful was taken off of the album, WaN became the lead single. As you can see on the Mothership, no songs were recorded after Al announced that Pitiful was off of the album.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

iisryan27 @ Jul 17 2006, 04:42 PM wrote: As you can see on the Mothership, no songs were recorded after Al announced that Pitiful was off of the album.
But that could just be because the recordings page wasn't updated yet. There's sometimes some lag time before it gets fully updated.

Ryan, no offense, but I see a different flaw in your theorized track list. There should be six originals, not five.

If I may, here is a different track list, based on the structure of DTBS, another 11-song album:

1. You're Pitiful
2. original
3. Usher parody
4. original
5. Green Day parody
6. original
7. original
8. R. Kelly parody
9. original
10. original
11. polka
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

I agree with TMB that if these rumors are true, that the parodies on this one are going to be a little rap-heavy for my taste. Then again, two of Al's all-time greatest parodies are "Amish Paradise" and "All About the Pentiums", so I'm sure he can pull it off.

The important thing is, we have a (potential) release date! Huzzah!

The only thing strange about your tracklist, iisryan, is that you have it ending with a parody. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Al has never closed an album with a parody (closest he's come is "Bohemian Polka"). Could it be we will be left without a polka on this album, a'la EW?

Meadows
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Wow, so much potential info in one day! I agree about the too much "urban heavy" tunes as far as the parodies go, but White and Nerdy is making me quiver in nerdy anticipation. (With a Myspace mention of course!)
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

mrmeadows @ Jul 17 2006, 04:53 PM wrote: I agree with TMB that if these rumors are true, that the parodies on this one are going to be a little rap-heavy for my taste.
Yeah, I was worried about that for a moment too, that it's going to tip a bit too much to the rap and R&B side. I guess YP and Green Day were meant to balance things out for us lame white people.

And of course, who knows what the polka's going to consist of yet.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Wow, just read through all of this, and this is very exciting! I've heard "Ridin'" a bunch of times, because Marshall likes rap. "White and Nerdy" is a perfect title for the parody! And a possible September release date, just like I said after we found out we wouldn't get the album on June 27th! Woot!

I like Greg's track listing best, btw. :Y
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Moose
Occasional

Post by Moose »

Gaah, I can't contain my excitement!! Finally some actual information! I was starting to lose my mind here. This does seem sort of rap-heavy, but hey, that's what's popular these days, I guess. And I would give anything to hear Al parody, polka, or do anything with "Trapped in the Closet." The potential there is limitless.