Polkarama!

Moderator: Moderators

ComputerWolf
Occasional

Post by ComputerWolf »

See now, this is something i'd be more willing to believe... music89 wasn't all like LOOK! LOOK! LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!111...Just stating the facts. I also would assume that if they were making it up, they would have included more information, not just the polka title. But that's just my opinion :P
weirdal.blazingwolf.com
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

sethmartin @ Aug 12 2006, 02:05 PM wrote: The way that sentence is worded too, doesn't say that Polkarama is the song's title. One thing I've noticed about these forums is sometimes people get so excited about things that they don't read.

This once in a lifetime "Polkarama" medly includes Al's polka versions of...sorry...top secret.

That sounds more like an advertising ploy than a song title. But who knows.
I hadn't thought about that. I suppose that's a possibility. But then why would it be in quotes? If it's not the song title, why not just say "This once in a lifetime polka medly includes Al's polka versions of...sorry...top secret."?

And for anyone who doubts it, you don't have to believe it, but unless you can come up with some proof, don't go around calling people liars.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

That's a great point. "Polkarama" could just be a description, not the name.

After all, the description of a polka medley, what it's called, or who's in it isn't important to the label...just that there is one.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
sethmartin
Regular

Post by sethmartin »

Think advertising. Let's say you're advertising a new burger place. You wouldn't say "This is a new burger place." You would probably say something like "It's rollicking good burgeriffic time"

Not saying that's the case, but it does sound a bit advertising to me. The fact that it's in quotations doesn't mean anything because we are reading a re-type of the article by someone else. Who's to say it was in quotations in the original. I'm not calling anyone a liar. But the way that sentence is worded. eh.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Well, I would tend to think that "Polkarama" is the title of the medley because of the fact that the "P" is capitalized and the word is in quotes. I would think that if it was meant to just be a description, the word would be lowercase and it wouldn't be in quotes. Even if it is just a description, it's great to hear that we will be getting a polka!

And for the record, I don't think a member's post count has anything to do with their credibility. Heck, even Bermuda had a low post count at one point. It makes no difference.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Well at least we now have confirmation that we DO have a full polka medley, meaning the R. Kelly parody is a PARODY and we can stop all this "Trapped in the Polka" nonsense...

I don't have a comment on whether that's the title of the polka or not... it might be, it might not be.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
music89
Occasional

Post by music89 »

well what I plan on doing to show you that its all real, Im gonna post the flyyer that I got, Im gonna scan it in and post it, probably like on monday
sethmartin
Regular

Post by sethmartin »

Well, I would tend to think that "Polkarama" is the title of the medley because of the fact that the "P" is capitalized and the word is in quotes

Did you read what I just wrote Kev?

Is there anyway we can get a scan of the article to see how its really worded?
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

sethmartin @ Aug 12 2006, 02:28 PM wrote: Did you read what I just wrote Kev?

:S Now I did. You could very well be right. We do need to see how the sentence was worded in the original scan, especially since when music89 re-typed it, he spelled "medley" wrong.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Kevbo1987 @ Aug 12 2006, 02:24 PM wrote:

And for the record, I don't think a member's post count has anything to do with their credibility. Heck, even Bermuda had a low post count at one point. It makes no difference.
And Bermuda still has a low post count compared to the more recognizable members here. WHiZZi too.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?