Trapped in the Drive-Thru!

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

minnick27 @ Jul 27 2006, 04:38 PM wrote: Which would make it harder to perform live.
This would especially be true if the polka is played in its usual place near the beginning of the setlist. A nine-minute polka, or even a seven-minute polka for that matter if it's really edited tightly, might slow the pace of a concert down to a halt.

Heck, I've been to a number of shows where Al is literally trying to zoom through "Saga," and that clocks in at only a little over five minutes AND is during the encore. I can't imagine Al having the ability to do the same kind of hurrying for an extended polka.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Bruce, I'm thinking that for time's sake, Al may only do the first 5 chapters of Trapped in the Closet, but that's really a shame because it seems that it gets odder and funnier as the series goes on.

SPOILER The midget "twist", anyone?
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, we've had two phony tracklists, and both of them listed "Trapped in the Polka." Of course this means nothing, since buff likely got the idea from The Obligatory Al Page. But now we're back to square one. It may still be just a straight parody after all. And really, with all the other great music out there in the last three years, I'd actually prefer an ordinary polka this time around.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I just watched the first five chapters of "Trapped in the Closet" on google. It makes a lot more sense with the visuals, since R Kelly's singing the parts of four characters plus himself as the narrator all at the same time. Question: Is it meant to be funny? Cause I couldn't stop laughing watching that thing, especially chapter 4. :lol: I just might get the DVD to see the rest of it.

EDIT: I just watched the other 7 chapters on youtube. Holy crap! That's got to be the funniest album produced since "Poodle Hat." I cannot wait for Al to parody this thing! Especially the "nosy neighbor" with the spatula! Perfect!

After seeing it, I think it's much better suited to a parody than a polka, and I'm really glad that amazon thing turned out to be fake. Al could do a parody of just the first chapter and still make it work quite well, just eliminate the cliffhanger. And can you imagine all the improvisation or alternate versions he could do in concert? It'd be a great way to make each concert experience unique.

As for the subject matter, I still think either a mundane, ordinary task or a movie plot would be the best way to go.
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

Why does this sound so familiar?

Then a knock at the door, the snorkel's in my hand
He opens the door, I can't believe it's a big fat hermaphrodite with a
Flock O' Seagulls haircut and only one nostril...nostril...nostril....
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Ha! That would totally work! Someone should totally record a new version of "Albuquerque" done to the style of TitC. I would if I had the voice and software for it! :lol:
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

I actually kind of wish Al would do a parody of "Ignition", because I really like that song, but I don't think he would for two reasons - 1) it's not recent; in fact, I think it's an album older than "Closet", and 2) it would be hard to beat Chappelle's "Pee On You" parody!
Steve's mixes, lookie!
Lousy Haircut - complete!! http://www.mediafire.com/?xyimjmdjkml
Black Gold vs Santa! http://www.mediafire.com/?zztmgltz2ym
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

it would be hard to beat Chappelle's "Pee On You" parody!

I'm going to have to disagree with you there . . . I think Al could easily beat Chapelle's parody, as it would be in good taste and it would actually BE funny. Heh.

Maybe he could do a double parody of R Kelly - you know, the main focus of the parody be "Ignition" with a few sections of "Closet" parody?
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yankovic Farley @ Jul 30 2006, 07:24 PM wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree with you there . . . I think Al could easily beat Chapelle's parody, as it would be in good taste and it would actually BE funny. Heh.

Maybe he could do a double parody of R Kelly - you know, the main focus of the parody be "Ignition" with a few sections of "Closet" parody?
I think if "Ignition" was included at all it would work better the other way around, with TitC being the bulk of the parody.
MaleHeffer
Addicted
Location: In The Middle Of Missouri, which hasn't had an AL sighting since 1992

Post by MaleHeffer »

Apocaloso @ Jul 18 2006, 02:39 PM wrote: Someone could tell me something about the gun joke?? i saw the same thing on  souht park in "Trapped on the closet"
in case no one else answered (i didnt read it all) R. Kelly pulls out a gun in the original.

i think ignition would also be funny...but that song is in the stone age of pop music. (if that makes sence)
"MaleHeffer"
AL Team #1227

Still depressed i missed this last tour...