Trapped in the Drive-Thru!

Moderator: Moderators

Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

buff @ Jul 19 2006, 07:42 PM wrote: The Trapped in the Closet "chapters" are 3:20 long each. There are 12 chapters. That's 40 minutes. That's gonna be a very long polka.

Edit: If it's a polka, that is.
Actually, they range from 2:42 to 4:14
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

What if all the "musical gaps" were taken out of the songs, along with the beginnings and endings? Would that cut out a considerable amount of time? (I'm only familiar with the first few closet chapters.)
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Yankovic Farley @ Jul 19 2006, 09:50 PM wrote: What if all the "musical gaps" were taken out of the songs, along with the beginnings and endings? Would that cut out a considerable amount of time? (I'm only familiar with the first few closet chapters.)
Not enough to really make a difference. There is about 10 seconds in the beginning and anywhere from 2 to 6 seconds at the end.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Ah all right.
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
i_love_yankovic
Obsessed

Post by i_love_yankovic »

Al always amazes me with what he can make funny...

because this song just doesn't seem funny. :F
Very tasty!
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

I'd prefer if Al stayed away from (what seems to me like) exercises in pretentiousness.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

That'd be a lot of pop music he wouldn't be able to parody.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Andrew288

Post by Andrew288 »

I really liked the Trapped in the Cupboard parody MadTV did... I think I had the song running through my brain for a while afterwards. Maybe it might seem a bit overdone, but hey, MadTV parodied James Blunt's song too... Al's was 100x better, but at least they try :)

lol... It's funny to watch people argue over times and whatnot for songs... in the end it's Al's decision and no matter the amount of questioning over logic or reason put into said discussion, it's probably already been worked out by Al anyways. At least I think so ;)
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Question for anyone who's familiar with "Trapped in the Closet." I see that there are two different albums with this on it. One album has "Chapters 1-5." The other has "Chapters 1-12."

Do you think it's likely that the polka will include pieces of all 12 chapters, or would it still make sense if he kept it to the first five. The reason I ask is I want to get familiar with the songs myself, and the music download store that I usually shot at (which is a lot cheaper than iTunes) doesn't have the full 12 chapter version. I'll probably just download the first 5 for now.
trippingdaisy
Occasional

Post by trippingdaisy »

i think he'll just do the first 5. the 12 chapter dvd is around 42 minutes.

i think you should buy the dvd, bruce. trust me, it's 100% worth it.