The Next Single For Sol

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

"Do I Make You Proud" will definitely be on Taylor Hicks' debut album. All of the previous Idol debut albums had their AI song as one of the last couple tracks. This one will be no exception. But like the others, that song will not be re-released as a single. There will be some other lead single for the album, like "Miss Independent" for Kelly Clarkson.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Thanks for that information, Bruce. I've never followed American Idol.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Taylor Hick's Do I Make You Proud ... hit the streets June 13th.

I agree with Bruce that they won't re-release it as a single ... since it's been out there as such for a while already.

His album comes out December 5th.
PMFL!
Yankovic-Gretzky
Die-hard Fan

Post by Yankovic-Gretzky »

Maybe making a video for Canadian Idiot after the song has dropped off Billboard will make it get back on.
Now I may be dead but I still love you
My brothers and sisters all hated me because I was an only child
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

spacedingo @ Nov 5 2006, 02:48 PM wrote: The animated video wouldn't be on tv though. That's why I think if DICYO is the single, there would be two videos.

Just because JibJab is big in the internet world doesn't translate to real world success. Yeah, they got notorioty and Leno's in their corner, but that wouldn't really translate into mainstream success.

The video probably won't be on TV. I'll agree with you there. I still think it could achieve a good measure of success, though. If you think about it, "White and Nerdy" has probably been as successful as it is mostly due to its online exposure. The video would only have been seen by a fraction of the people if it hadn't been for the Internet. I'm not saying this video will even come close to comparing to the success "White and Nerdy" is having, but CI is doing well, and it doesn't even have a video to support it. With this album, you just never know.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

MarsBar101 @ Nov 5 2006, 04:00 PM wrote: Oh, I'm dreaming too. I actually sent an Ask-Al about that. My idea was that he could parody the original video in each section of the song.
well doesnt he usually use his polkas in Al-Tv's cuz the past two ive seen he plays it with the video of the songs
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

There's no doubt that the W&N video was one of the contributing factors to the single's success. I don't think there's really a great way to do a CI video, although I'll leave it up to AL to prove me wrong...seems like there's a lot more that could be done with DICYO, as far as gags in the video that weren't written into the song. At this point, who knows what the label's going to do as far as another single...

(But I really wish it could be TiDT because the video would be nothing short of amazing.)

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

DICYO could be very funny :) (Would be funny if they premiered it at the AMA)
spmahn
Die-hard Fan

Post by spmahn »

I wasn't even aware that there was a first single. I wouldn't describe White and Nerdy as a "Single". It just happens to be the most popular song on the album because of the video, and thus ends up with being the most downloaded on Itunes. It's not as though it's getting any kind of significant play on the radio or anything. I think a better question is "What will be the next Video".
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

White and Nerdy is a single. It was released to radio stations. You probably could find some copies of it on eBay...
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;