Help out Al (WARNING: SPOILER CAUSES)

Moderator: Moderators

DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

MODEDIT: Take a weener a cool down. This wasn't very nice.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: Reading is Fun-D-mental

Post by CatraDhtem »

Lets face it Eminem is and has always looked for a way to *peev* people off in any way,shape, or form that he could I am beginning to think that he took a tip from coolio and decided to create some contreversey for himself!
Makes sense, but the only flaw in this logic is that this didn't become a big deal until the press started reporting on it. If you read the articles (granted most come from one wire report) or listen to the interviews, Al says almost exactly the same brief statement each time....so it doesn't seem as if Al is the one making a big stink out of this.

So let's pretend that the press didn't give a crud about any of this and the only ones who had any kind of opinion on it would be us (which isn't that farfetched of a possibility), how does that help Eminem at all? And in any event, how is this situation the way it actually is helping Eminem anyway? I don't think it's simply a matter of getting his name in the press, since he could probably make entire rolls of toilet paper with the number of magazine and newspaper pages a month that's he's mentioned on in passing.

And as it has been pointed out, so far Eminem isn't exactly in the best of the light with this little situation. I know there's the old saying "There's no such thing as bad press," but surely this can't possibly make someone decide to up and run and buy all the Eminem CDs they can find.

This just would have seemed like too iffy of an outcome for both Em and his management to want to do, just to stir up some trouble, you know?
i mean come on people your all playing into it!
Well come on, let people react. We're not talking about a prank. We'd be playing into it only if a video surprisingly sprung up on the 19th on MTV.
Any way writing to him or his label is a good idea although without many participants it would be fruitless.
I'm going to wait to see how the album does in "Billboard" its first week. That will determine if mine becomes a "Thank you" letter or not.
The only thing you may accomplish is a mention about fanatic weird al fans on the next "sell out" shady album
If that happens, then that would be a lyric targeted at only what percentage of the total music audience? Oh no, he wouldn't come off as petty or mildly obsessive with something like that.

I say let the fool whine. He hasn't been perceived as a spoiled crybaby enough in the media lately.
Sorry needed to vent just to clarify im not mad at any poster here im just frustraited at the whole situation!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

You're perfectly allowed to be, but everyone's going to react to this mess in a different way. I see that it bothers you, but different things upset people in different ways.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I'm going to wait to see how the album does in "Billboard" its first week.

That's a good point to keep in mind. Remember, before this story came out, only us fans knew the album was coming out. Now 27 times more people know about it. I think Marshall deserves as much thanks as hate.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
theparodytimes
Occasional

Post by theparodytimes »

Lets face it Eminem is and has always looked for a way to *peev* people off in any way,shape, or form that he could I am beginning to think that he took a tip from coolio and decided to create some contreversey for himself!
Makes sense, but the only flaw in this logic is that this didn't become a big deal until the press started reporting on it. If you read the articles (granted most come from one wire report) or listen to the interviews, Al says almost exactly the same brief statement each time....so it doesn't seem as if Al is the one making a big stink out of this.
well nothing becomes a big deal until it goes public as a rule of thumb. Al might not be all that saddened by it but remember he tried to soften the blow back in july when he said something like "Eminem videos look too much like Weird Al videos" explainging that their wouldent be one.......
So let's pretend that the press didn't give a crud about any of this and the only ones who had any kind of opinion on it would be us (which isn't that farfetched of a possibility), how does that help Eminem at all? And in any event, how is this situation the way it actually is helping Eminem anyway? I don't think it's simply a matter of getting his name in the press, since he could probably make entire rolls of toilet paper with the number of magazine and newspaper pages a month that's he's mentioned on in passing.
good point but contrevercy is contreversy and now he has added one more thing for people to hold against him. Exactly how does talking about
raping your mother and killing your ex-wife do for your PR????
And as it has been pointed out, so far Eminem isn't exactly in the best of the light with this little situation. I know there's the old saying "There's no such thing as bad press," but surely this can't possibly make someone decide to up and run and buy all the Eminem CDs they can find.

This just would have seemed like too iffy of an outcome for both Em and his management to want to do, just to stir up some trouble, you know?
i mean come on people your all playing into it!
Well come on, let people react. We're not talking about a prank. We'd be playing into it only if a video surprisingly sprung up on the 19th on MTV.
Any way writing to him or his label is a good idea although without many participants it would be fruitless.
I'm going to wait to see how the album does in "Billboard" its first week. That will determine if mine becomes a "Thank you" letter or not.
The only thing you may accomplish is a mention about fanatic weird al fans on the next "sell out" shady album
If that happens, then that would be a lyric targeted at only what percentage of the total music audience? Oh no, he wouldn't come off as petty or mildly obsessive with something like that.
oh no he has never done that before...........
I say let the fool whine. He hasn't been perceived as a spoiled crybaby enough in the media lately.
Sorry needed to vent just to clarify im not mad at any poster here im just frustraited at the whole situation!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
You're perfectly allowed to be, but everyone's going to react to this mess in a different way. I see that it bothers you, but different things upset people in different ways.
Thats cool Im sory if i come off wrong but this kind of thing happens with em all the time so dont get too upset!
I smell Ice Cream!!!!!!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Exactly how does talking about
raping your mother and killing your ex-wife do for your PR????
Good point, but it does solidify his "bad ass, don't f--- with me rapper" attitude...and at least if he says it or sings it himself, he's controlling how it's presented. This thing with Al was done via the press....it would just be a harder thing for Eminem to control if he was hoping it would reflect better on him.

I mean, he has an agent and no doubt a team of other managerial types working for him. I'm sure if he wanted to do this just to cause some headache, surely someone would have said, "Are you sure this is a thought-out idea, sir? It's only Weird Al."

Of course, this is all speculation, but so far I've seen little to convince me that this was just some well-planned stunt.
Thats cool Im sory if i come off wrong but this kind of thing happens with em all the time so dont get too upset!

I don't think you're coming off wrong, but I also don't think anyone on here is so upset about this that they'll throw themselves through a window or something.
The Hawk

Post by The Hawk »

I see a lot of hating on Eminem in here, but you have to respect his property. Lose Yourself was the biggest track he's ever had, his only no. 1 single. I'm sure he was flattered that Weird Al wanted to parody it and that's why he still allowed him to do it, just without the video and promotion. Eminem is an amazing lyricist in his own right, and that fact that pop tv (mtv etc) has embraced his videos so much, he wouldn't enjoy having a parody one being shown with them. I'm glad Weird Al did the song though because he did an amazing job with it. I'd have to say "A Complicated Song" is the best on the album though. Keep it coming Yankovic.
POODLEHAT
Occasional

im

Post by POODLEHAT »

im frusturated just as much as the next AL fan, but look at it this WAY...just because eminem is sayin no video...that doesnt mean we rnt havin any videos! From what ive heard, Hot in Herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre, i want it that way, and Complicated all had videos!!!!! i dont think we r bring completely deprived of any video Just think...The glass is half full...would u rather have just no video i mean what if there was no ALbum at all??????? got it? :biggrin:
POODLEHAT
Occasional

hawk

Post by POODLEHAT »

the hawk is right too. Eminem is very skilled in what he does. Even though he may be wrong, Lose Yourself is a great song written by him! If he feels that by allowing an AL video his legacy will be detracted, then we have to respect his belief. I mean, at least he let the song be on the ALbum
JKaudio
Occasional

Post by JKaudio »

Wouldn't we all just die if it had all been an elaborate publicity stunt (parody of fake hype built up between artists in the rap community to boost record sales). Next thing we know we see a video with Al AND Eminem laughing all the WAY to the bank. Wouldn't THAT just be the hat on the poodle?!

-Jeremy
-Jeremy
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Wouldn't we all just die if it had all been an elaborate publicity stunt (parody of fake hype built up between artists in the rap community to boost record sales). Next thing we know we see a video with Al AND Eminem laughing all the WAY to the bank. Wouldn't THAT just be the hat on the poodle?!
-Jeremy

Unlikely (Considering all of Em's ongoing lyrical battles and the eerie Tupac/Biggie nature of Em's labelmate 50 cent and Ja Rule), but if it were, well that just could be the funniest thing ever.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?