Help out Al (WARNING: SPOILER CAUSES)

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Reading is Fun-D-mental

Post by Elvis »

That's a good point to keep in mind. Remember, before this story came out, only us fans knew the album was coming out. Now 27 times more people know about it. .
A full length video would have brought about much more publicitiy than a news story printed in a few papers and on a few news channels that is all but forgotten about by now. When was the last time you heard the media mention it? Now ask yourself that same question in another week.
I think Marshall deserves as much thanks as hate.

I don't think he deserves thanks at all. And I wouldn't say hate. I'd say I was dissappointed in his decision. I don't think he understands Al wouldn't be making fun of his video. but rather having fun with his video. There's a huge difference there.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Alapeleke
Occasional

Post by Alapeleke »

Personally I don't think it would have made a good parody Video.. and especially because it's is from a movie. Maybe it wasn't Eminem's choice.. Maybe it was "His people" The fact that he agreed to the parody must mean something I mean.. look at Coolio..

I like eminem and so does my friend. He mentioned Chris Kirkpatrick (you're gonna get your ** kicked) in a song, her FAVORITE Nsync member and she doesn't put it against him. I mean most of the stuff he says is to get people worked up..

if they buy your album to burn it.. you still get the money right?

Where's the Paul Mcartney hate mail? No chicken pot pie eh?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: Reading is Fun-D-mental

Post by scottidog »

I don't think he understands Al wouldn't be making fun of his video. but rather having fun with his video. There's a huge difference there.

Dave
There is a huge difference, Dave. But I don't blame him for making it, after all, Al's fans make the same mistake:
Part of me respects Eminem's choice, but thinking back to all the other people he's made fun of himself, I think it's only right that he let Al make fun of him.

Sorry, Luxor. Not trying to single you out, it's just that you put it so well that I had to pick your post.

I think that's why Em didn't allow it. He didn't want his "legacy" messed with. He didn't understand that Al wasn't trying to pick on him.

I think he also doesn't understand how Al's treatment helps cement an artist's "legacy" in our collective consciousness. I have said it before, but here's how it works. Al's videos (especially the ones that closely mimic the originals) actually make you think of the original. So the original virtually gets double air time. And if it makes people who are not in your core audience want to go out an buy your music so much the better.

Really the only thing in this whole mess that surprises me is that Mr. Mathers gave permission for the song in the first place. And the only thing that really angers me is that he let Al waste time and money instead of being very clear in the beginning about what his permission did or did not cover.

I wonder, though, if he had told Al 'yes, you can do the song, but I won't agree to a video' if Al would have done the song at all? Or would he have moved on to a friendlier target?

I think letters to Em are fine, but please, remember who you are representing here We don't want to embarrass Al.
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

It's upsetting Al can't do the video. I think it could've generated some air play. However, the decision was Eminem's, and he said no.

But still... he's (Eminem) made fun of so many serious issues (homosexuality is just one example). If the reason he denied Al's request was due to the video being serious, I'd be severly disapointed. When you're famous, you've got to know when to lighten up, and with Al's past history, I don't think he's start hating on the Em or any of his gangstas.

I think the best way to get Em's attention is to make a petition and get those who want the video to sign. State the reasons why you'd think it would benifit Al and Em. However, I have to agree with scottidog: don't do something that makes Al or us, the fans, look bad!

BTW: I may be a little peeved with Em, but I do think his ability to rap is possibly unmatched at this point in time.

It would be cool for Al and Em to perform together... THAT would blow everyone away! :bomb: :onfire: