Is the Enhanced CD not working for anyone else?

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

It's silly (and in this case sounding stubborn
stubborn? Gee, I haven't been called that... :lookround: today, anyhow.

I know it's not illegal for me, the paying consumer to download the MP3s on my hard drive. And I may yet do the fix you suggested. I just want no part of the ones that had it out there before PH was released. But then, you kinda have me pegged... I am just a tad stubborn. Like the Titanic ran into a little bit of ice...

My posts were not pointed at you, or anyone else here. They just happened to touch on pet peeve of mine.
Don't be hatin'. Love and stuff :)

Feel the love, baby! Thanks for your suggestion BTW.
DrewBoo
Occasional
Location: Alabama, where that kind of thing is NOT tolerated, thank you very much!

Post by DrewBoo »

We have an improperly installed version of Quicktime. A friend installed it and did something wrong. I can do everything in the bonus stuff except watching the home movies. >_< Quicktime, a movie player, that won't play movies. Oh my.

I'd simply uninstall it if I had administrative access.

Another annoying thing it does is when I click on an mp3 on the net, Quicktime tries to load it and gives me al these errors. I have to right click em. O_o
There are so many people who inspired me in my career. I'd like to sit down with each one of them and thank them personally. But of course, that'd be a complete waste of my free time.

- Weird Al quote of the week
ExitWound

Post by ExitWound »

Another annoying thing it does is when I click on an mp3 on the net, Quicktime tries to load it and gives me al these errors. I have to right click em. O_o
WinXP I presume??? If you can (not sure about priveledges with user accounts), go into the quicktime properties, and dissociate the mp3 extension with quicktime. then make sure (by opening my computer, then tools/folder options/file types) that mp3's are being opened with the windows media player or something other than Quicktime.

In Win98/ME it's slightly different but similar. quicktime should no longer assume mp3 command if done correctly.
ExitWound

Post by ExitWound »

I know it's not illegal for me, the paying consumer to download the MP3s on my hard drive. I just want no part of the ones that had it out there before PH was released.
Think of it this way...You're passing by Weird Al's house on your way to work when you notice a line at his front door. Wondering what's going on, you stop at the rear, and stand in line. Others are gossipping about the new CD he's giving out with secret hidden bonus tracks! Must be your lucky day, you think.

Twenty seven hours pass and you're finally approaching the door, having stood behind the one nostrilled lady with the flock of seagulls haircut. she seemed familiar but you just can't put your finger on it. Your time came and so you knocked on his door 146,027 times until he finally answered, took out your sheepskin wallet embrazoned with the ZZtop logo, gave him $15 in 2-dollar bills, and said "AL I want my bonus tracks!" in swahili, no less to impress the man....He replies, "Absolutely Not you HOOLIGAN!" and slams the door in your face, only after taking your money.

You knock another 146,027 times and the door opens but only a pie meets your face this time, and again no bonus tracks. Frustratingly, you leave.

Everyone else got their bonus tracks...but not you. You really think you should get them and not be ripped off. What do you do?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Let's just say we disagree on this point before things get disagreeable.
ExitWound

Post by ExitWound »

Fine, whatever. I don't know where the hostility is coming from. *shrug*

Exit. Stage Left.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Hey ExitWound! No hostility intended. You know how this text based communication works. Even emoticons don't help that much.

:D See?
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

I couldn't seem to get my copy of "Poodle Hat" to work until today. Here is the story:

I had gone to WalMart to buy it because they GURENTEED me that they would have "Poodle HAt" in stock and on the shelves May 20th, so I went there. (I got a ride with my friend...I had planned to ride my bike 10 miles downhill just to buy the CD and have a nice long 3 hour trek home listnening to it...Glad I didn't... :nervous: ) I got home, and I got in a ton of trouble for not telling my parents where I had gone, and I FINALLY got to open up the CD and listen to it most of the way through until my mom got off the computer. When she got off, I stcuk the CD in the CD-Drive and it loaded, but said that I needed Quicktime 6.0 but I had the Pro version. I then uninstalled My quicktime program and went to look for an older CD of mine that might have it, but I lost it!!! And my internet just HAPPENED not to be working, so I couldn't download the new Quicktime. Today after completing my chores, I came inside and re-installed our internet service provider also...Then after 2 hours getting Wuicktime downloaded, it is finally done! And my Enhanced "Poodle Hat" CD now works! :biggrin: :listen: :P :listen:
Zaphod

Quick?-Time

Post by Zaphod »

I had some trouble at first, but finally got QT to work. I put the CD in, then got the dialog box telling me to upgrade Quicktime. I clicked on the Install button, and nothing happened. I ended up having to go to Apple's web site to download Quicktime, and it still took about 27 minutes to download and install everything, and that's with DSL! Fortunately, everything worked out and I can finally see all the extras.
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

yeah, hitting install did nothing for me on my older computer. Fortunately, my newer computer already has at least 6.0.