Wanna B Ur Lovr

Moderator: Moderators

MidiboyGregg

Post by MidiboyGregg »

You know the only line in there that I think REALLY crosses the line is the volcano line....

Krakatoa....let my lava flow all over you....

The Love Torpedo line, the Heat Seaking missile line, while those are more than Al has ever used before, it's that volcano line that made me raise my eyebrows.....

When I was a kid, the "Self-Service Pumps" line went right over my head...then a few years later, when I suddenly "got it" I was like "OH MY!!!" This volcano line made me go "OH MY MY MY" 27 times.
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

goodness...I ride a bus to school, and I hear worse on there!

and I think it's all in the ear of the beholder....I didn't 'get' it until I read the 'disses' and then I 'got' it, but I kinda mean you don't have to take it that far in your mind :satisfied:

Sarah
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

Hello, Long time no write. I have been doing a lot of school work and listing to Poodle Hat of course. And after 2 agonizing days I finally got the special features on the album to work... after waiting 15 minutes for quicktime to download. About the song "Wanna B Ur Lover" I thought it was great! I think that its a complete 360 degree Turnaround from his classic song "One More Minute." I think that this shows that Al is a lot happier and wants to do a funny love song and not a funny break up song, because he is happily married with a daughter. So you could actually call Al, "Family-Man Al" Yankovic.

Ink
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

goodness...I ride a bus to school, and I hear worse on there!

and I think it's all in the ear of the beholder....

You know, it occurs to me that because Al is being subtle here he is getting more of a reaction than if he had been more explicit.

Subtle? Yes he is, compared to what else is out there... anyone remember the 'feel you from the inside' and 'I want to *CLANG* you like an animal' references on Alternative Polka? That was a real song boys and girls, and there's plenty more out there that's worse or just as bad.

Al did to the genre of smut rock what Hitchcock did for the suspense thriller. Think about it. Hitch was able to do more with chocolate syrup in a black and white shower scene than Freddie Krueger has in the 27 Horror on Elm Street movies. Al was just doing the same thing here. I have commented that those who do the vulgar stuff do it because they just aren't talented enough to get a laugh any other way. Al managed to be smutty, without being vulgar. It's a fine line and he walked it without faltering. It's really very clever once you pick your jaw up off the floor.

And it also occurs to me, that this may be Al's swipe at the skank factor out there. Done in a more male fashion. Not that all guys are this reptilian but there are those who do think this way... (an anaconda reference for those of you who didn't pick up the subtle innuendo here.)

<Edited to correct the Polka name, doggonit!>
Danpjames
Occasional

Post by Danpjames »

So you could actually call Al, "Family-Man Al" Yankovic.

Ink

Can't see "Family-Man Al" Yankovic catching on somehow, altho maybe it could be an interesting side project... :biggrin:
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

It's not the lyrics I don't like but the music.

I love Wanna B Ur Lovr! It's the best original on the album!

BTW, anthontherun, I like your avatar, but could you make it go slower? I can't read the reviews fast enough!

Jeremy
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Anth... it's fixed. But y'all might have to CTRL F5 to refresh.
ktmobile00
Occasional

Post by ktmobile00 »

I will throw my opinion out into the mix... WBYL is my favorite song on PH. I just think it's hilarious the way he uses totally cheesy pick-up lines to such... I don't know, "serious, sexy" music. And his voice sounds AMAZING. Plus, let's remember that Al always says he is not making children's records.

I, for one, really hope this makes it into the concert line-up... It would be very... ahem, exciting to see him sing it live. :blush:

Katie
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

anyone remember the 'feel you from the inside' and 'I want to *CLANG* you like an animal' references on Polka Power?

That was from "The Alternative Polka." ;)

~Allison
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Of course you are right. Too much WAY this week, I'm on overload but what a WAY to go...