Atari sound effects in Wanna B Ur Lovr

Moderator: Moderators

Zaphod

Atari sound effects in Wanna B Ur Lovr

Post by Zaphod »

I noticed that mixed in with all the electronic sounds in Wanna B Ur Lovr there are a couple of old Atari 2600 game sounds...

Donkey Kong

Right after the line "That's why I'm giving you this hungry stare" (about :50 into the song), you can hear the sound of Mario running and jumping.

Pac-Man

In the middle of the 1st chorus, (about 1:34 into the song) you can hear Pac-Man eating ghosts.

Yes, I played too much Atari in my misspent youth! :)
BillyW3
Occasional

Re: Atari sound effects in Wanna B Ur Lovr

Post by BillyW3 »

I noticed that mixed in with all the electronic sounds in Wanna B Ur Lovr there are a couple of old Atari 2600 game sounds...

Donkey Kong
Right after the line "That's why I'm giving you this hungry stare" (about :50 into the song), you can hear the sound of Mario running and jumping.

Pac-Man
In the middle of the 1st chorus, (about 1:34 into the song) you can hear Pac-Man eating ghosts.

Sounds like a pretty WELL-spent youth to me! I too am a gamer, but I don't know how I missed those sounds. Those are two of the most used videogame sounds effects! Seems like almost any time someone in a movie or tv show is playing a game, it makes one or both of those two sounds.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Re: Atari sound effects in Wanna B Ur Lovr

Post by Ratbert197 »

Donkey Kong

Pac-Man

I THOUGHT i heard a familiar sound in that song! good observation!
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

never noticed those! sounds like there are more, also....I'm just from the wrong generation to identify them

Sarah
SilentKnight

Post by SilentKnight »

hmmm.. i noticed that the first time i listened but didn't think it was worth mentionning, because i thought it was obvious.. guess i was wrong! :D