Bob, Bob, Bob

Moderator: Moderators

Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

I don't recall this one. Is this a gag answer, or was there a guinea pig in one of the AlTV's??

Doc
It's from the 96' Al-TV. During that special, it's very easy to tell Al is holding a guinea pig during it.
Ahhhhhh yes ... that's right ... I remember now. I haven't seen that one in a while, but I think I know the one you're talking about. Thanks, Cindy!!
He's also asked Prince (or whatever he's called nowadays) if he can call him Bob. Then also Robert Plant, but his name goes with Bob anyway and so many other Al-TV interviews that have that question.

"Can I call you Bob?"

Yeah, I know there are several AlTV interviews where he asks the "Bob" question. Maybe we should compile a list of them in this topic, eh??

Doc
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

the avril interveiw? rememeber?

Ohhhhhhhh ... okayyyyy .... Cheez Louise ... :(

Sorry, having a few senior moments now ... first I forget AlTV '96, now I forget WeirdAl TV ... sheesh ... :crazy:

Doc

[squeaks off in his wheelchair to enjoy another tasty meal of tapioca pudding and cold grits before falling asleep while watching Murder She Wrote reruns ...]
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

hehe. Thats ok dont worry about it. I did find the waynes world reference that you used funny.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

From ALTV 1996:

"First it was John Cougar, then John Cougar Melloncamp, then John Cougar Melloncamp Billy BOB Joe Agnes Molehead"

Artists that Al wanted to call Bob:

Prince

Robert Plant

Ozzy Osbourne

and Sting (I think)
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Ahhhhhh yes ... that's right ... I remember now. I haven't seen that one in a while, but I think I know the one you're talking about. Thanks, Cindy!!

Hehe. No problem. I actually knew that since recently I've gotten to see that Al-TV special thanks to one of my friends (plays eerie music) who we call Bob. ;)

-CindyBob
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Al's plumber's name is Bob Santayana (from the Willy Joe, er, Billy Joel, interview.)

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

AL-TV/ Compleat Al-

"Thanks, Bob! That's right. Bob. A famous ancient astronaut."

~Allison
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

[squeaks off in his wheelchair to enjoy another tasty meal of tapioca pudding and cold grits before falling asleep while watching Murder She Wrote reruns ...]

Hey, Doc, put a little tapioca on those squeaky wheel hubs. It's the best use I can think of for that stuff. And then you can watch that other show with Dick Van Dyke as the creaky old doctor-detective.

I'm sorry, I got a little off-topic. I don't think Weird Al has ever done a song about tapioca, although I can't think why not.
tempforte
Occasional

Post by tempforte »

You Don't Take Your Showers is a parody of You Don't Bring Me Flowers by Barbra Streisand. The name Barb(a)ra is often shortened to Barb. "Barb" pronounced with an English accent sounds like "Bob" pronounced with an American accent.

Ahem. *leaves quietly*
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

QUOTE You Don't Take Your Showers is a parody of You Don't Bring Me Flowers by Barbra Streisand.  The name Barb(a)ra is often shortened to Barb.  \"Barb\" pronounced with an English accent sounds like \"Bob\" pronounced with an American accent.

Ahem.  *leaves quietly*

No, no, no. That doesn't count. :stern: We're talking about how often AL himself uses the name, Bob, in his music and stuff. This is no place for six degrees of Kevin Bacon nonsense (I still can't believe he was on the Icon list just for that stupid game, and Al wasn't on it at all!). :stern: