Hardware Store

Moderator: Moderators

Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

first time I heard this song I was blown away - it's one of my favourite Al songs (or songs in general for that matter!) I love the "I'm going to the - going to the - " layering of voices :) And the middle bit that's so fast - I won't even attempt to sing along with that! Though, dancing to it does take some care so one doesn't injure themselves!! ;-)
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.
BigWeirdAlFan

Post by BigWeirdAlFan »

haha!! Has anyone mastered the bridge of this song? I know I have not.
WeirdAlsYoungestFan27
Occasional

Post by WeirdAlsYoungestFan27 »

I wonder if Al can do the bridge even faster?
"I'd always get the coolest gifts.. Yay notebook paper... Woohoo"
-Al on Poodle Hat Home Movie.. Rated AL.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

As it stands, he sorta spliced it all together, and then it was sped up a bit. Not sure if he could sing it any faster.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
arte

Post by arte »

Does anyone else think the sound effect intro is kinda like the intro to "Money" by Pink Floyd? I always thought he might of had that in mind when he made it...
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

arte @ Sep 14 2007, 12:45 PM wrote: Does anyone else think the sound effect intro is kinda like the intro to "Money" by Pink Floyd? I always thought he might of had that in mind when he made it...
Yep. :Y
PMFL!
Mr. Rooney
Occasional

Post by Mr. Rooney »

At the concert (backstage afterwards), my Father convinced Al that I could recite the whole bridge in one breath, and he was like "Impressive!" .... I mean I've memorized it and stuff (who hasn't?) but I can't recite it that fast let alone do it in one breath. WHAT an amazing digital lung indeed.
"Lesbian Nazi hookers, abducted by UFOs and forced into weight-loss programs, all this week on Town Talk."
Scarlatti
Addicted

Post by Scarlatti »

I can nearly,NEARLY do the bridge. I get to 'automatic circumcisers' and i crack up!
SHUT UP!! JUST SHUT UP!!
Mr. Rooney
Occasional

Post by Mr. Rooney »

I just can't sing it that fast. I'm Jewish so circumcisers aren't that hilarious to me. I don't really think ANY Al song can make me burst out laughing while I'm singing it, because I get serious about being funny. I dunno what it is. ^ ^
"Lesbian Nazi hookers, abducted by UFOs and forced into weight-loss programs, all this week on Town Talk."
Scarlatti
Addicted

Post by Scarlatti »

I know what you mean. Im normally very serious and precise when im bein funny. But when i get to that bit I get a mental of when my big bro was circumcised and spent a month walkin round like john wayne!!! :Y
SHUT UP!! JUST SHUT UP!!