Hardware Store

Moderator: Moderators

weirdajs
Occasional

Re: Hardware Store

Post by weirdajs »

That what comes to mind everytime I watched Home Improvement.
Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

weirdajs wrote:That what comes to mind everytime I watched Home Improvement.
I'll repair for you, when the roof starts to fall! I'll repair for you, all the cracks in your wall! I'll repair for you, every nail, bolt and screwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

I can do the entire song except the bridge and the chorus, but that's not exactly an accomplishment. None of my friends can even do that though.
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

weirdajs wrote:Read this whole thread and didn't see anything about this. Here goes I guess. Does anyone think the Home Improvement T.V. show theme song is a parody of this song? I always wonder about if it was a parody of the show's theme song. Everytime I watch Home Improvement keep thinking of it.
Considering that "Home Improvement" started in '91, I'd have to say no...
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Last week, my creative writing teacher told us to bring our bus passes to class because he was taking us all on a field trip. He didn't say where we were going until that day when he revealed we were going to McGuckins Hardware. Apparently, this was more than an ordinary hardware store. I actually said out loud how I fail to see how that is true and I was immediately yelled at and accused of having no vision. Apparently, I missed the four foot wrenches and pliers as well as some glow in the dark neon paints, but I saw the black toilet seat with flames on it and me and the teacher both looked at the "original third arm" together. They also have the tackiest floral gift shop ever.

Anyway, our assignment was to write done a list of hundreds of items and descriptions and put those together to form a poem. Evidently, I had a far different interpretation of this assignment than the rest of the class. Everyone else just copied their lists as a poem, but I didn't quite have time to write down "hundreds" of items. I only wrote about two dozen or so with some pretty lengthy descriptions. Some of them were almost mini poems themselves. I just picked four of those descriptions I thought would sustain a poem and wrote one around them. The teacher seemed pretty cool with this and seemed to like my poem just fine. Obviously, the teacher paired us up and has us do a workshop with these poems. Someone asked just today if we needed to turn in edited versions of these and the teacher said no. He then asked "Does anyone know the Weird Al song Hardware Store" and I announced that I did "obviously because of the way I'm dressed" (I was wearing my W&N hoodie as I often do) and he said "it's just supposed to be like that...a big list of things in a Hardware Store...if you haven't heard it, look it up".
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Anybody actually memorized the words, including all the stuff in the store? I've made it about halfway.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I have.
And Peggy
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

They should do it live a couple times, would be pretty hard!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I think I remember an old topic about a setlist, where they were talking about this song, and someone said the guys in the band wouldn't be able to replicate this live.
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Not without many hours of rehearsing. I guess Al would have to do most of the memorizing, would be possible though. But they would probably just dread having to do it at each show once they had it down.