Why Does This Always Happen To Me?

Moderator: Moderators

Melquizio
Die-hard Fan

Post by Melquizio »

I really love this song. It's one of my favorites on PH.
Last year, we could bring in a CD to school and they would play one song in music class, and I played this for everyone.
Everyone loved it!
"How do we know you're not just as filthy, sent by him to nick the ring by being filthy, when you've lulled us with your filthy Eastern ways?"
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: Why Does This Always Happen To Me?

Post by mellow weasel »

What is this "Al and Ben mix" I keep seing being mentioned here :unsure: ? Was that some extra on CD?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

mellow weasel wrote:What is this "Al and Ben mix" I keep seeing being mentioned here :unsure: ? Was that some extra on CD?
It was an extra on Poodle Hat that was accessible on a CD-ROM player. Apparently, you can't access it anymore. :(
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

algonacchick wrote:It was an extra on Poodle Hat that was accessible on a CD-ROM player. Apparently, you can't access it anymore. :(
You mean it's accesible on CD player but not computer? How weird, I didn't know CDs could work like that :oo . Pity :?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Poodle Hat is an enhanced CD. Extras are only accessible on a CD-ROM player. The software used to put those files there is outdated. Al had some home movies on there as well. You can find some of the extras online, except for the Al and Ben mix of this song. At least, I haven't been able to find it.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

algonacchick wrote:You can find some of the extras online, except for the Al and Ben mix of this song.
Yeah, I think I've seen/heard all but this one
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

mellow weasel wrote:What is this "Al and Ben mix" I keep seing being mentioned here :unsure: ? Was that some extra on CD?
Basically - if WDTAHTM is a Ben Folds Five style parody, the Al and Ben mix is a Ben Folds solo act style parody.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

mellow weasel wrote:What is this "Al and Ben mix" I keep seing being mentioned here :unsure: ? Was that some extra on CD?
It's basically a stripped down version of the song which removes Al and the bands' background vocals, Steve's bass and Bermuda's percussion leaving only Al's lead vocals and Ben's piano track (hence "Al and Ben mix")
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Killingsworth wrote:
It's basically a stripped down version of the song which removes Al and the bands' background vocals, Steve's bass and Bermuda's percussion leaving only Al's lead vocals and Ben's piano track (hence "Al and Ben mix")
That sounds awesome
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Anyone know if the Al and Ben version is available to stream anywhere? I've found other tracks from the Poodle Hat enhanced CD on YouTube, but can't seem to find this one.
And Peggy