Everything You Know Is Wrong

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Everything You Know Is Wrong

Post by TMBJon »

A new TMBG song "It Said Something", released today, contains the lyric "everything up is down".
It was bound to happen eventually! :wacko:

Youtube
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

I love this song. I first heard it in the Nostalgia Critic's Top Eleven Nostalgic F Ups. Ah, 2010. How I miss thee.

Frighteningly enough, this song applies to my life whether it be misinformation, finding a celebrity I once loved is a horrible person, and NASTY falling outs with friends. :D Kinda sad really.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

That, and "Why Does This Always Happen to Me?" (the title, at least) apply to me, too. :lol:
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

This song really gives off a Pink Album-aesthetic to me. Having TMBG as my new "special interest" (autism, y'all!) and now I've listened to a lot of their music (and developed crushes! Flaaansss :wub: ) I can say this song is REALLY, REALLY good.

It does sound like a song that would be written by Linnell, in my opinion. But honestly, noting the similarities between the titles of this yin and "Everything Right Is Wrong Again" I'm sure this is meant to be a style parody of the pre-band era (Pre-John Henry)
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I think EYKIW sounds most like Apollo 18, with a lot of Flood-and-earlier influence. Structurally, it's "Turn Around".
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.