Bedrock Anthem

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hey, since we started having kind of a long discussion in the avatar topic about Al's hair in the video for this song, I decided to give it it's own topic! Yay!

I will start off by saying I think Al is wearing a wig at the beginning of the video. I also think that for the rest of the video, his hair was braided. Sure, when he did this song in concert, he wore a braided wig, but I'm pretty sure it's his real hair braided in the video. I also thought I read about this somewhere. I just don't know where anymore. :(

Jon, if you see this, do you know if Al had his hair braided for this video? Thanks in advance if you do see this.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Something still tells me that wasn't his hair for the braided portion of the video. If you look through the photo gallery on TUVC, there are some color photos from the video shoot. The braids are jet black. I realize also that when curly hair is braided, it will look a bit longer. But those braids were reaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly long. Al had bangs back then too. On the BHD cover, that is his hair. Now, it may have been a little shorter for that shoot, but the braids are nowwhere near the length of the BA braids.

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, hopefully, Jon will see this, and answer. Or someone like Dr. Dad will know. I already said that for BHD, the braids were corn-rowed, so they did not hang down right from his head. I know I read about this. I'm just hoping someone else can prove I'm not insane.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles
Off The Deep End

Post by TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles »

algonacchick @ Jun 12 2004, 04:10 PM wrote: real hair braided in the video.
Well, you have a good point there, but I have to say I think Al wore a wig for both live preformances AND the video (in the "Give It Away" segment, IIRC).
The Office: NBC, Thursdays at 9.
If you're not watching, you're doing yourself great injustice.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ok, I watched the video. Maybe you're right. Maybe it was a wig. But there are some pics of Al with the braids in the Permanent Record booklet that lead me to believe perhaps he did some promo shots with his real hair braided. Those braids don't look as long, or as dark. If my scanner worked, I'd show ya. Maybe I am insane. If so, that really isn't news, is it?

:P

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

If the pic you mean is on page 55 of PR, I see what you mean. He's got the BA braids, but there's a part in his hair where scalp is visible. It's entirely possible he was wearing extensions.
This means something. This is important.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

This song was alright but I don't think it was video material. There were funnier songs on the album.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I didn't think of that! So, I might not be totally insane after all! hehe!

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

weird_el @ Jun 12 2004, 06:10 PM wrote: It's entirely possible he was wearing extensions.
I could go with that theory too.

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

Well, I dunno. Look at his hair in the Headline News video. I think that's his real hair in that video, and it's extremely long.
2018 Tour: Rochester, Minneapolis, Fargo, Clear Lake, and Green Bay...so far...