Re: You Don't Love Me Anymore

Post by Burger »

I love this song. Al has a great voice.
Currently serving one year in grammar school for word crimes
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

My knowledge of the biological sciences compels me to inform everyone that Al's line in this song about the "poisonous cobra" is technically incorrect. While cobras and some other snakes do indeed have "poison", because it is delivered by a bite, it is technically termed "venom"; "poison" would be something that your skin could absorb without the animal or plant actually trying, while "venom" has to be directly injected (i.e., the animal has to make a conscious effort to put it in your system). Ever since I learned the difference, that line has always irked me a little. Anyway...

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

When you get to that part of the song, you should sing, "If you don't mind me asking, what's this VENOMOUS cobra doing in my underwear drawer" really loudly to drown out the incorrect lyric.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

For all we know Al had it written that way and then figured well it sounds better if I say poisonous. Know one will ever call me on it! :unsure:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

You Don't Love Me Anymore has to be my favourite Al song. I just can't stop loving it...
(Am I the only one who doesn't tear up at "My scars are all healing, but my heart never will" but tears up at "You drilled a hole in my head, then you dumped me in a drainage ditch and left me for dead") :?
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KatrinatheGood
Addicted

Post by KatrinatheGood »

Heds wrote:You Don't Love Me Anymore has to be my favourite Al song. I just can't stop loving it...
(Am I the only one who doesn't tear up at "My scars are all healing, but my heart never will" but tears up at "You drilled a hole in my head, then you dumped me in a drainage ditch and left me for dead") :?
I actually never heard any of Al's love songs until recently and I'm actually very blown away of how well they are done. Not only is the music and vocals so beautifully blended; the lyrics are genius. I would say that no matter how funny they are meant to be, Mr. Yankovic' solve songs are the accurate to how people after bad break ups. No one could put a bad break up into words until Mr. Yankovic came along...
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Heds wrote:You Don't Love Me Anymore has to be my favourite Al song. I just can't stop loving it...
It's my favorite song as well.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yesterday I put up my signed poster which is way more awesome looking than I assumed. Above it I put up a nice piece of the acoustic guitar Al smashed at the end of this song the last time it was ever played live for the DVD shoot in Toronto. The piece was given to me afterwards by Steve who grabbed it from under his bass amp and signed it, until yesterday it had been just collecting dust in my room so I thought it would look killer above the poster. :good:
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

By far the best original on OTDE