Bite Me

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: BITE ME!

Post by Big Spoon »

Yes.
And Peggy
NMRodo
Occasional

Post by NMRodo »

Okay, thanks. I'll look around for a used one, then.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Early Volcano pressings have it on there--that's what my copy is.
NMRodo
Occasional

Post by NMRodo »

But chances are if I were to go buy a new Off the Deep End, say, tomorrow, chances are "Bite Me" would not be present, right?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

That depends on where you are getting it from. It you get it from the mothership than the answer would definitely be no.

I guess Wikipedia was right for once.

My copy of OTDE should be arriving tomorrow or Friday. I decided to roll the dice on Amazon. I made sure I bought one of decent quality from the "USED" section since I obviously thought my chances of getting a Scotti Bros. edition were about 50/50 seeing as this album has been out for almost 20 years. Hell, I came thisclose to getting what the seller advertised as a "collectible" edition from 1992, but alas I got an email the next day telling me that particular offer was "sold out". I check back there today and the "collectible" is gone. None of the sellers indicated whether this hidden gem was included or if it was a Volcano or Scotti Bors. release. I didn't even bother to ask since I didn't see that feature located anywhere. I hope it doesn't turn out a Volcano version.

If there is an FYE store in your immediate area, I would strongly reccomend scouring any of those for used ALbums. Hell, I found a used Scotti Bros. edition of BHD for about $7 and a used Rock N Roll Records edition of DTBS from 1990 for $5 and they both play quite well. There used to be this awesome used record store on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder, CO where I am currently attending college. It got closed down a couple of weeks ago, but I did manage to get an orignal Rock N' Roll records edition of The TV Album there a few months ago. I used to check those two places plus Borders and Walmart all the time. Alas, the only albums of his I haven't found ANYWHERE in sotres were EW, PP! and OTDE. I ordered them online. I got EW from the mothership and UHF and PP! came from Amazon as Volcano reprints nonetheless. Oh well, at least I managed to snag all the studio albums that just went out of print last year and I just downloaded a small mp3 of what I believe is "Bite Me" and some slowed down/reversed versions from the link posted in the "Easter Egg" thread.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can find a 14+ min version of YDLMA with Bite Me at the end on Limewire or various other "hooliganish" mp3 outlets. It definitely used to be up at playlist.coim, but that site died a slow death thanks to the record companies. I belive it might just be in the "Ultimate Collection" as well. I think I had a bit more, but I seem to have lost my train of thought just now.
Last edited by Killingsworth on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

For reference, the first couple seconds of this clip is the first couple seconds of "Bite Me":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax4zF4ychoU
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I have an original Scotti Bros copy of this CD. The last track on the disc is You Don't Love Me Anymore and there was about 10 minutes of silence, then Bite Me (which I hope everyone here has at least heard). I am surprised to hear when people say they had a real scare the first time they didn't realize a hidden track was coming. How are these people listening to a CD where they don't notice the player isn't off? That the time is still counting forward? That the room has suddenly become silent. I usually notice a CD ending is all I'm saying. I now have it on my iPhone which I listen to on shuffle all the time in the car. It comes up every now and then. :#
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

TMBJon wrote:I am surprised to hear when people say they had a real scare the first time they didn't realize a hidden track was coming. How are these people listening to a CD where they don't notice the player isn't off? That the time is still counting forward? That the room has suddenly become silent. I usually notice a CD ending is all I'm saying.
Hmmm, maybe because we are busy doing other things? When I put in a CD, I might be cooking, cleaning, reading mail, or any number of other activities around the house. I very rarely just sit and listen to a CD and do nothing else. I don't sit in front of the stereo watching the time counting forward, either. If I get engrossed in one of those activities, it is very likely that I will not notice the silence indicating that the CD is over. Even if I DO notice that the CD is over, I may not go over and change it right away. I am the perfect target audience that Al had in mind when he placed that hidden track at the end of the CD. If I didn't know about the hidden track and then suddenly heard screaming out of nowhere, it would scare me. Unfortunately, I bought OTDE just a few years ago, and it does not include "Bite Me." :(
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

My copy of this CD came from Amazon today...I haven't played it or put it on my mp3 player yet, but the first thing I noticed was a Volcano logo AND the letters WAY MOBY on either side...I have no idea as to when this particular CD was reprinted by Volcano, so stay tuned...
NMRodo
Occasional

Post by NMRodo »

caseyk27 wrote:If there is an FYE store in your immediate area, I would strongly reccomend scouring any of those for used ALbums. Hell, I found a used Scotti Bros. edition of BHD for about $7 and a used Rock N Roll Records edition of DTBS from 1990 for $5 and they both play quite well.
There is an FYE nearby that I've gone to for ALbums before... I was able to buy a new "Weird Al" Yankovic, as well as Scotti Bros. editions of Dare to Be Stupid and Bad Hair Day. Unfortunately, I've gone there a few times and they haven't displayed anything new since the first time I went there.

I might just scour Amazon for Off the Deep End.