When I Was Your Age

Moderator: Moderators

avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

This was the only song from OTDE without its own topic, so I figured...why not start one?

Anyway, I think this song has a pretty sweet riff and guitar solo, and some ridiculously exaggerated lyrics. Comparatively, I find it fairly medicore as Al songs go, but I still enjoy listening to it when it comes on.

Back in April/May 2004, I almost chose this song as my example of "poetry" to present in my 9th grade English class, but changed my mind and went with OMM instead. Make of this what you will...
I am shocked, offended, and a little turned on.

I don't curse. Except around vampires.
weirdal56206
Addicted

Post by weirdal56206 »

i love this song it is so funny :lol:
Twinkies Are Yucky
Obsessed
Awards: honor roll 2002

Post by Twinkies Are Yucky »

This is a great song. My favorite line is "My dad would whoop us every night till a quarter after 12. Then he'd get too tired and he'd make us whoop ourselves."

:D
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

avesjohn @ Oct 13 2007, 07:29 AM wrote: Back in April/May 2004, I almost chose this song as my example of "poetry" to present in my 9th grade English class, but changed my mind and went with OMM instead. Make of this what you will...
To my mind, a good choice... love poetry is such an ancient and honored genre of literature. :lol:
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I love this song. I don't find it mediocre in any way.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

It's a great song if you got the "When I was your age" speeches from your parents.

I played it for my dad and thankfully he got the joke.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Scarlatti
Addicted

Post by Scarlatti »

I love this song. :D

My Gran used to make me listen to the 'When I was Your Age' speech on almost a daily basis. Then, much to my delight, she actually said 'Nobody ever drove me to school when it was ninety degrees below!' I immediatly said back' Did you walk but naked through 40 miles of snow?' :F :P

Er, she didnt get the joke biut it was a proud moment for me :)
SHUT UP!! JUST SHUT UP!!
Limecat
Obsessed

Post by Limecat »

lol I have never gotten a "When I was your age" speech
DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

I have, but it wasn't the "Walk butt naked through thirty miles of snow" type, it was more like a "When I was your age I ate my dinner, did my homework, practiced playing guitar AND watched TV all at the same time."
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

The guitar work in this song has some of the greatest riffs Al and the band have ever come up with. I love it.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;