Here's Johnny

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

If you get MSNBC, they are doing a special about Johnny Carson now.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Hearing the sad news of Johnny Carson's death surprised me. I loved watching The Tonight Show with him. ...When Carson retired, I gave Jay Leno a chance, but he's nowhere nearly as talented as Johnny Carson was.

I loved "Here's Johnny" because I am a HUGE fan of Short Circuit and the lovable "Johnny 5". Who Is Johnny was performed by an 80s group called El DeBarge and yes, TBITB did a great representation of the 80s sound.

Johnny Carson will be missed. ;(
On the bright side, he's now in a better place, hanging out with the other greats in that big comedy club in the sky.
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

It is very sad indeed. I am too young to remember The Tonight Show with Johnny, but the clips I have seen are very funny. He seemed like he could always put a smile on his face, even while his personal life wasn't always so glamorous.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
samuraisumo
Off The Deep End

Post by samuraisumo »

Mr. Carson is called the king of Late night for a reason. Without him, Jay and Dave would have never become big. I prefer Letterman, but both are totalschmucks to Johnny. The format was ushered into the current times by Johnny and his brand of class and comedy will be and is sorely missed.
I heard the song for the first time today off the Polka Party CD. It sounds like it is actually a tribute to Ed Mcmahon although I still cried while hearing it. I liked the Debarge original and the Short Circuit movie. Very sorry it took this long to hear th song.
My friends call me Sumo.

Al team member 62!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

samuraisumo @ Jan 24 2005, 04:56 PM wrote: I heard the song for the first time today off the Polka Party CD. It sounds like it is actually a tribute to Ed Mcmahon although I still cried while hearing it.
It is a tribute to Ed McMachon. It's still a very good song, though.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
iancook
Occasional

Post by iancook »

Actually, the news about Johnny writing jokes for Dave just came out a few days ago. Apparently, it's something he's been doing until very recently.

Thanks for that Weird el.

I have watched Letterman a lot over the years and noticed that some of his stuff was Johnny-esque. He also did several obvious jokes of his. I always thought that Letterman was paying Homage to Johnny. It turns out that a lot of the jokes might have been written by Carson himself. I guess we know who Johnny sided with on the Letterman-Leno "wars" lol
http://www.trekunited.com = Keep Star Trek on the air!
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

Unfortunately I have to say that I'm not a fan of this song. I can bare it sometimes - but believe it or not I actually like Toothless people better.

Everyone has their own opinions though.

I guess I didnt really find it funny in any way or I couldnt really relate to it. But there are always going to be those songs no matter how much you love an artist.

:D
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Don't worry I'm not a fan of it either.

But I've made that clear already.
Al team # 2836
AMFilms
Obsessed

Post by AMFilms »

fred27 @ Jan 23 2005, 07:12 PM wrote: i dont like leno
:oo I liked Johnny, but Leno was always my fav!
Most active in The Poopdeck
617 posts in this forum
( 33% of this member's active posts )
DrDecay
Addicted

Post by DrDecay »

I liked the songe "Here's Johnny" Johnny Carson will be greatly missed.

Johnny Carson
1925-2005
79 Years Old