Dare To Be Stupid

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

SailorBarsoom @ Mar 26 2004, 07:50 AM wrote: I should've known, all the coolest toys are expensive. At least I know what the heck it's called now, and maybe I can figure out how to make one.
Make friends with somebody taking a welding class.

No, better make that, make friends with someone getting really good grades in a welding class.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Mar 26 2004, 07:33 AM wrote: No, better make that, make friends with someone getting really good grades in a welding class.
:lol:
In hiding since 2010
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Wow nicely done MarlinsGal!
Al team # 2836
MarlinsGirl
Obsessed
Awards: Best Fan Artist (PhotoShopped Material)-WOWAY Awards 4.0

Post by MarlinsGirl »

Dr_Dad @ Mar 24 2004, 11:29 PM wrote: Ack! You got it, MarlinsGirl. Nicely done!

Yes, those gizmos are called a lot of different things, which is what made searching for them a bit more difficult. The gym wheel is also called the German gymwheel, the Gymnastic Wheel, or the "Rhoenrad".

Doc
I'm glad to help out a fellow WOWAYer. What Doc said it was difficult to search for. :detective:

Terri M.
5/19/00--First Concert-Melbourne, FL
7/5/03--Orlando, FL
4/29/04--FRONT ROW, Melbourne, FL
5/24/07--I MET AL, Melbourne, FL
7/24/10--I MET AL AGAIN, Boca Raton, FL
8/14/15--FRONT ROW, Melbourne, FL
6/4/16--FRONT ROW & MET AL, WPB, FL
Kitten
Obsessed

Post by Kitten »

SailorBarsoom @ Mar 23 2004, 01:47 AM wrote: Hi guys!
I have a really strange question, and I thought maybe someone here would know. About a minute into the video for Dare to be Stupid, there is a three-second clip of a video that looks like it's from the sixties. People are using this contraption that looks like two huge Hula-Hoops parallel to each other, held together by cross-beams. They're standing in the center holding on to the braces and spinning around. I know that description makes no sense, but I was hoping someone here has seen the video and knows what the heck those things are called. Seriously! This is driving me nuts; no one I know has any idea what I'm talking about, and I can't find a picture unless I can figure out what it's called.
As you may have guessed, I am now on a mission to find one of these things. They look like a blast!
Thanks,
Jenn
sorry but that question is confusing
w00t
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, Kitten, apparently, it wasn't too confusing to the people who did their best to answer it, myself being one of them. I understood exactly what SailorBarsoom was asking about. He got his answer, too. Wow! I'm kinda glad you posted, actually. I hadn't seen the posts that said what those crazy things are called. German Gym Wheels, eh? Cool! I agree with Sporkman, too! We can all breathe a sigh of relief, because we now know what those are called! Yay!

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
modular
Obsessed

Post by modular »

Which is your favourite part of the most surreal video there is?

In my opinion, it's 'the old ice-cream on the head'
I am gone until June, as a result of the Junior Cert, a very large exam.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Merged. Everyone knows there is a sticky in Music and Record for individual song discussion, right?

My favorite part of the video is when the two girls are on those roller things and one rolls into the other and the girl falls off. I don't know why but I find that comical.

:nuke: Dave :nuke:
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I like the cowboys in diapers with their guns :lol:

It's the spitting image of John Wayne :lol:
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

iisryan27 @ Apr 23 2004, 06:09 PM wrote: I like the cowboys in diapers with their guns :lol:

It's the spitting image of John Wayne :lol:
:lol: I agree! I like the line that goes with it too! "It's time to let your babies grow up to be cowboys."
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.